Leds

ChiTown

saint,

yes, I'm referring to that one, normally I wouldn't use it, but don wants it for his 3rd stop light, where there will be multiply bulbs next to each other shining only directly backwards, so these would work perfectly.

I was talking about gauges. They are not good for cluster!

I see what your saying Don. I wouldnt want to put 5 fine dots there..

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...

I put the white plate led to doors just to see how they look. Been there for a week. White looks cool but i am not sure if i d say they look cold one day. The yellow dome light is not uniform and dim. Definitely a led would look better there. What do you think, led or old stuff?

i have an LED issue.

I noticed my third brake light was out so i had to replace the red 20LED tower that was in there (it must of broke when i got rear ended a couple months ago, bastards). since replacing it i get tons of feedback when i apply the brakes on am station 720 only.. What the hell? the cubs are gonna be back on the radio soon and i cant stand the high pitch feedback everytime i stop at a stop sign. It never did this before, any ideas?

oh, and i am waiting for more super-flux blacklight options for the dash, gauges, and to replace the 5matrix UV bulbs currently in the doors....

:huh:

I have no idea what so ever to tell you about that, I really don't see how a bulb would affect the radio, especially under braking.

Try it with a regular bulb and see what happens, I think the only AM station I have ever used in the millenia is that 1640 highway alert, and its always crap.

I know, its crazy. i remember onthe old milly i would get some distortion when i hit the turn signals and listened to any am station. What else is weird is that it didnt do it when i had an LED in the 3rdf brake before, just with this new one??? I may just add a resistor and call it a day, just got to make sure it doesnt melt any plastic back there.

• 7 months later...

so what about these new SMT LEd tower options that can be found at autolumination.com??? they have 48,30, and 45 mini-smt towers and 27 large-smt towers that look similar to the 20 led towers i currently have. I am thinking of upgrading to these for my turns, what do you guys think?

IPB Image

these have more leds and should be brighter than the oldskool 20towers right?

Absolutely, I assumed we were talking about Autolumination. Also keep in mind some of Autolumination's pricing is very dated, and there are some first generation products that no sane person would touch with a barge pole.

The downside with Warden is that the really high end bulbs like the 5 watt are unavailable altogether.

And the other point to make is that no one has yet made a bulb with decent low/high distinction and full viewing angle, even after all these years.