Move Over Millenia...

For those of you that remember me from back in the day when I had time to post (and things were a little more interesting), you probably remember my Autumn Red 1998 Millenia. Well, it was getting old and unreliable, so I decided to upgrade to a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S.

It may not exactly match all the luxury features of the Millenia, but as far as driving experience, it's got the Millenia beat! It has a 2.5L 4-cylinder that has more horsepower (175 to be exact) than the Milly, and better gas mileage (26 City, 34 Highway). And the transmission......NO COMPARISON! The Altima has an Xtronic CVT (continuously variable transmission) so it doesn't actually shift gears! Imagine that...no more harsh shift from 1st to 2nd!! :clap:

With that being said, I do have some cool leftovers...

1. Set of 99/00 Tail Lights (asking $275 plus shipping)
  2. Set of 99/00 Clear Smoke Front Turn Signals (asking $150 plus shipping)
  3. Set of Fondmetal 9x 18x8 Alloy rims with Stainless steel lip wrapped in Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance All-Season Tires (asking $600 plus shipping)
  4. Sunroof wind deflector ($35 plus shipping)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE the taillights on the new altima, they are way too intrusive on the rear quarterpanel, other than that, a good looking car.

i was wondering what the offset is on those 18x8 rims and if you have any close pics of them on the car to judge how far they stick out?

For those of you that remember me from back in the day when I had time to post (and things were a little more interesting), you probably remember my Autumn Red 1998 Millenia. Well, it was getting old and unreliable, so I decided to upgrade to a 2007 Nissan Altima 2.5 S.

It may not exactly match all the luxury features of the Millenia, but as far as driving experience, it's got the Millenia beat! It has a 2.5L 4-cylinder that has more horsepower (175 to be exact) than the Milly, and better gas mileage (26 City, 34 Highway). And the transmission......NO COMPARISON! The Altima has an Xtronic CVT (continuously variable transmission) so it doesn't actually shift gears! Imagine that...no more harsh shift from 1st to 2nd!! :clap:

With that being said, I do have some cool leftovers...

1. Set of 99/00 Tail Lights (asking $275 plus shipping)
  2. Set of 99/00 Clear Smoke Front Turn Signals (asking $150 plus shipping)
  3. Set of Fondmetal 9x 18x8 Alloy rims with Stainless steel lip wrapped in Toyo Proxes 4 Ultra High Performance All-Season Tires (asking $600 plus shipping)

Nice looking car there.

I bet I don't care because I'm sick and tired of cars changing classes just for the fucks sake of it, the altima is suppose to be a SMALL seden in the 17k total max out prive area, yet now its bigger then the last gen maxima, and cost almost as much as the INFINITI version of the maxima, and look at where everything eles ahas gone, people need to sit down and look things over.

I HATE the taillights on the new altima, they are way too intrusive on the rear quarterpanel, other than that, a good looking car.

i was wondering what the offset is on those 18x8 rims and if you have any close pics of them on the car to judge how far they stick out?

The rims sit flush with the side of the car. You can check them out on my CarDomain page.

nissan kinda went amock. they brought the altima higher cuz of the new versa. and the new sentra was moved to altima status.

It was a smart move on their part. It's now their hottest selling car, and one of the top 5 sedans in the US.

The millenia S is better it has 210 hp stcok...

The Millenia has "170 hp" but it wasn't responsive so it doesn't really matter. The Altima with the CVT and drive-by-wire provides a much more responsive and light feel. The Altima's 175hp is more than I need.

Not to mention the Millenia S isn't quite as efficient on gas and it's about 5 years older.

Nissan Altima..hmm. kind of a smaller Maxima I spose.

We don't have Altima's here in Oz and the Maxima we get is from Japan not made in the US(different car). Here you can get a Tiida (which isn't selling for shit) or the Maxima.... completely different cars ... and that's it in terms of passenger cars! I must say I wish they sold the Altima here. Looks alot better then the Tiida sedan, although those tail lights do look a bit trippy.

Good luck with your new car and enjoy the CVT.. I must say they shift instantly, my dad tried out a CVT w/ paddle shifters and fk it was sooo quick at shifting... probably because there isn't any gears, as you mentioned before.

I really like the look of the instrument cluster.. it looks really cool. Foot operated park-brake eh? Does that mean you can't get it in a manual then? Nice choice of colour too.

Was there much wrong with your Millenia? And don't you miss things like the leather from your Millenia?

The millenia S is better it has 210 hp stcok...

If you want to compare apples to apples the Altima 3.5 has 270 hp stock.

i bet a 07 altima can beat the milly s even though it has less horsepower; especially if its stick

I think it would be a close race because the CVT keeps the car in the power band, and because some of the HP wears off over time. An Altima 3.5 would be no match for a Millenia S.

But the Millenia is still a head turner, and a marvel of its time. I wish they would have continued to improve it like Nissan has improved the Altima over time. If that was the case, I'm sure the Millenia would be way better than the Altima by now.

We don't have Altima's here in Oz and the Maxima we get is from Japan not made in the US(different car). Here you can get a Tiida (which isn't selling for shit) or the Maxima.... completely different cars ... and that's it in terms of passenger cars! I must say I wish they sold the Altima here. Looks alot better then the Tiida sedan, although those tail lights do look a bit trippy.

Good luck with your new car and enjoy the CVT.. I must say they shift instantly, my dad tried out a CVT w/ paddle shifters and fk it was sooo quick at shifting... probably because there isn't any gears, as you mentioned before.

I really like the look of the instrument cluster.. it looks really cool. Foot operated park-brake eh? Does that mean you can't get it in a manual then? Nice choice of colour too.

Don't you miss the leather from your Millenia though?

I like the tail lights. I suppose they look a little better in person.

As for the parking brake, you end up with 4 pedals when you get a manual.

I don't miss the leather too much. It's nice, but kind of annoying in extreme weather (hot or cold).

If I had the money I prolly would have gone with leather and all that, but the quality of the cloth is really good and comfortable so I'm not disappointed.

Don't you miss the leather from your Millenia though?

I like the tail lights. I suppose they look a little better in person.

As for the parking brake, you end up with 4 pedals when you get a manual.

I don't miss the leather too much. It's nice, but kind of annoying in extreme weather (hot or cold).

If I had the money I prolly would have gone with leather and all that, but the quality of the cloth is really good and comfortable so I'm not disappointed.

I don't mean I don't like the taillights. They are different. It just looks trippy (as in kind of different as I havn't seen it before) how they go heaps far up the side of the car, if you know what I mean.

That's weird about the park brake thing. Because Toyota recently released the Aurion here in Australia (our better looking version of your Avalon) and there reasoning for not offering a manual transmission was because they said you couldn't have a manual with a foot-operated parkbrake?

The leather thing is a good point. I remember after going shopping for 2 hours and having my car parked in 42C heat (108 F) and when I got back in I was seriously being burnt by the seats, it was terrible. I spose tinted windows would help the cause. But I still prefer the leather though.

btw..What kind of sound system do you get in the Altima?

And... do you find that the car revs very freely / easily, and hit the rev limiter quite easily? I have driven cars at my work (I work for a Mitsubishi dealership) which are CVT, (keep in mind they are 1.5l engines); and it was sooo easy to make it rev. As in it feels like it has more power compared to a car with a similar size engine with a conventional automatic transmission. Hard to explain, but I'm sure you kind of know what I mean.

I don't mean I don't like the taillights. They are different. It just looks trippy (as in kind of different as I havn't seen it before) how they go heaps far up the boot, if you know what I mean.

That's weird about the park brake thing. Because Toyota recently released the Aurion here in Australia (our better looking version of your Avalon) and there reasoning for not offering a manual transmission was because they said you couldn't have a manual with a foot-operated parkbrake?

The leather thing is a good point. I remember after going shopping for 2 hours and having my car parked in 42C heat (108 F) and when I got back in I was seriously being burnt by the seats, it was terrible. I spose tinted windows would help the cause. But I still prefer the leather though.

btw..What kind of sound system do you get in the Altima?

Yea I know what you mean about the tail lights. They are very different.

The tinted windows may help a little, but I couldn't tell the difference with 35% tint.

A Bose system, or NDSS is available but the one I have is nothing really special. It sounds descent, but I'm not a big audiophile so it's good enough for me. Only bad thing I can think of it that when the bass is high you can hear the door vibrating.

the altima is in a class with the 626, but they keep making cars bigger and moving there classes, yet still comparing them, this should be compared based on price and size and options to the infiniti i35, in which case its crap.

I would have opted for an 02 millenia S though.

Milly, by chance do you have any of your stock rims left?

the altima is in a class with the 626, but they keep making cars bigger and moving there classes, yet still comparing them, this should be compared based on price and size and options to the infiniti i35, in which case its crap.

I would have opted for an 02 millenia S though.

Milly, by chance do you have any of your stock rims left?

I wanted a new(er) car, and the Millenia had limited cargo space. The Altima's roomier, and has more trunk space.

The stock rims are on the car.

I also have a sunroof wind deflector ($35 plus shipping) ....forgot to mention that.