Im Back With Pics...

I promised i would get pics of the new wheels. Ive also painted my calipers/hubs silver, shaved the front license bracket, and i have a tranny cooler imma install in the front to fill that gap in the center. Before i left one of the components on my 8oook setup went out. Since hids are so cheap now i took the opp to throw in a 6000k set-up. I cant really tell a difference in brightness, but i like the color more...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

But more importantly after years of begging the alzheimers finally set in on my daddy and he gave over the busa. I already ordered a top gun undertail, new tires and maybe a solo seat cowl in the future. While the wheels are off, prolly get the rims powder coated a sparkle silver.... He already put on a full yoshimura exhaust, power commander II, tank bra and its lowered...

IPB Image

IPB Image

I think they look good together, her highness and the nasty bitch (roll the throttle from 45 in 5th and u'll see why) :)

IPB Image

IPB Image

very nice...sometimes i wish my millenia was white, looks much easier to keep clean

i dont understand how u keeo getting these wheels that poke out so much.... and make it look like a truck

Simple answer really, i likem... The only wheel ive ever seen chrome or otherwise that i liked without the lip and didnt go atleast to the fender is the moda r6 which is discontinued. If i ever stumbled on a set i couldnt go without that didnt atleast fill the wheel well or more i would put washers or spacers behind them. Any wheel that i evere buy would have to have a huge lip, and its hard to find them that are above a 40mm

Agreed, crazy wrong offset is not in my taste. I will not even think of what WILL happen if you hit a large bump :cry:

After rolling the fender in the rear, nothing atleats not yeah. At 80+ speeds they did rubb, i dont push the milly to often though....

I'm feelin' those wheels. I know it's a matter of personal preference but two things I would do. Number one, DROP THAT BITCH and two, tuck in the wheels! I think you may have gotten the wrong offset. This is how those wheels should fit:

IPB Image

Milly money is exhausted, plus if i drop it, i think it will excite more problems with the tires... If anything, ill put more miles on the tires and sell the package for cheap and get a set of hyper silver wheels. I like the grey, but it really only looks good upclose and clean. My original idea to get away from chrome was sumn that i didnt have to keep sparkling to look good. But i really like these cause they are out of the ordinary. They've pulled some compliments but not as much as the chromies when they first went on...

Kat - with your preferences, I'd advise not moving to Australia. :)

It's actually illegal here for the wheels/tyres to stick outside of the body, but you can put flares on the car to effectively bring the wheels in to legal standards.

IMO it's a dangerous thing to do - ever seen two Indy or F1 cars touch wheels???

But I do like those wheels - I'm searching for a nice wheel and so far I'm heading towards either wide spokes or a flat dish style rim. I don't normally like chrome rims, it's just the Millenia in most colours really does beg for chrome :)

If it hasn't already been said, what size are your new rims & tyres???

Oh, and re the Hyabusa, get a fireblade if you want to go round corners fast too. ROFL!

Cheers! Graham.

p.s. If I've come across as an abnoxious smart ass, my apologies & no offence intended. Even though I'm a newbie, my slightly off sense of humour still over rides my words and I hope they are received the way I intended.

Kat - with your preferences, I'd advise not moving to Australia. :)

It's actually illegal here for the wheels/tyres to stick outside of the body, but you can put flares on the car to effectively bring the wheels in to legal standards.

IMO it's a dangerous thing to do - ever seen two Indy or F1 cars touch wheels???

But I do like those wheels - I'm searching for a nice wheel and so far I'm heading towards either wide spokes or a flat dish style rim. I don't normally like chrome rims, it's just the Millenia in most colours really does beg for chrome :)

If it hasn't already been said, what size are your new rims & tyres???

Oh, and re the Hyabusa, get a fireblade if you want to go round corners fast too. ROFL!

Cheers! Graham.

p.s. If I've come across as an abnoxious smart ass, my apologies & no offence intended. Even though I'm a newbie, my slightly off sense of humour still over rides my words and I hope they are received the way I intended.

No way, im not offended at all. Usually disses around here get pretty damn rude :) Question though, what about the mud monster trucks/jeeps that ppl jack up and put the mudding tires on they stick way out... Anyway i appreciate your comments everybody has their own style and opinions, and i respect yours, alot of folks dont. Welcome 2 the site, wheels are 19x8 +40mm btw....

For the busa, this is my learner bike, ive never ridden before and ive put prolly 4-500 miles on it total. So im not to interested in hitting corners fast, although i spent alot of time make laps to improve it. Ive already got over the go fast bug. Honestly i dont drive it much faster than i do the milly. I occaisonally punch it just to get the rush though...

Welcome Graham, and there are lots of smart asses already here... your sense of humour will be welcome here... ;)

Indeed...

Welcome Graham, and there are lots of smart asses already here... your sense of humour will be welcome here... ;)

Most definitely. So, you will have to visit the Water Cooler to let us all appreciate it and get to know you.

Yeah right... like U-turns :shifty:

Bah hahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah right... like U-turns :shifty:

THE SIGN WAS KNOCKED DOWN IN THE GRASS!!!!!!

...asshole....

My opinions are rims are well known, but I don't see kats offset being a problem, I would worry about minor rubbing when going over a harddip or something, but that would depend on the size tire and drop.

Question though, what about the mud monster trucks/jeeps that ppl jack up and put the mudding tires on they stick way out...

For the busa, this is my learner bike, ive never ridden before and ive put prolly 4-500 miles on it total. So im not to interested in hitting corners fast, although i spent alot of time make laps to improve it. Ive already got over the go fast bug. Honestly i dont drive it much faster than i do the milly. I occaisonally punch it just to get the rush though...

4x4s with big tyres have to follow the same rules - normally they might have a 2nd set of wheels for off-road use, or if they need to be on public streets with huge tyres, they can add some plastic or fibreglass flares to the wheel arch. I swapped a 4x4 for my 800 (I might have to name her "Milly") and I got to see how a lot of 4x4 owners operate. Over hear at least, a 4x4 normally only gets huge tyres if it does a lot of off-road work, the whole SUV modding craze isn't very common (yet).

But just like everywhere, not everyone observes the rules and you will occasionally see a 4x4 or even the odd ricer vehicle with wheels outside the body. Strangely, I don't recall any of our muscle cars (Holden Torana, Monaro, Ford Falcon 351, Capris etc) running wheels outside the body, not even in the drag racing scene.

As for the 'Busa being a learning bike, wow! I've never gone onto bikes personally as I would kill myself at the end of the first full power run, but that sounds like one hell of a bike to start with! The reason I said to get a Fireblade is just because my boss did a lot of track days on his 'Busa, then he switched to a Fireblade and reduced his lap times by 5 seconds instantly. Top speed on the straight was 250kph (155mph) in the Busa with the Fireblade 10kph slower, but it corners faster and is more nimble through the chicane.

But as a sedate road bike with the occasional adrenaline rush, I'm sure it's more than enough bike for that. :)

I'm curious how the different suspension and other mods would make your bike go compared to a stock Busa.

Cheers & thanks for the warm welcomes.

G.

My opinions are rims are well known, but I don't see kats offset being a problem, I would worry about minor rubbing when going over a harddip or something, but that would depend on the size tire and drop.

Call the DR, he must be sick or maybe drunk. I expceted the most intense flaming from you bhr, now for your followers !!!

As for the 'Busa being a learning bike, wow! I've never gone onto bikes personally as I would kill myself at the end of the first full power run, but that sounds like one hell of a bike to start with! The reason I said to get a Fireblade is just because my boss did a lot of track days on his 'Busa, then he switched to a Fireblade and reduced his lap times by 5 seconds instantly. Top speed on the straight was 250kph (155mph) in the Busa with the Fireblade 10kph slower, but it corners faster and is more nimble through the chicane.

But as a sedate road bike with the occasional adrenaline rush, I'm sure it's more than enough bike for that. :)

I'm curious how the different suspension and other mods would make your bike go compared to a stock Busa.

Cheers & thanks for the warm welcomes.

G.

Yeah i used to read into bikes all the time thats how i learned to ride before i ever got on one. I never was taught, just handed the keys (other than the moped and 4-wheeler i had :) ) . I know the busa is crazy slow in the twisties. Pops set it up with the local amateur drag in mind, its a 2000 wit 19k miles so its prolly lost some punch compared to a fresh 07. Any bikes performance nowadays lies in the rider and how much he can/willing to push it anyways. An experienced rider on a busa can make it through the twisties faster than i can on a R1, fireblade, or gixxer 1K and vice versa. Anyway if i had bought the bike it would have been a gixxer 750 prolly. But it was a gift (not bad for a free hand-me-down). But now that i have it, im glad. Cuzz im over the scare that follows engines 1k+, and how ppl say you should start with a 600. Its just like any other vehicle, its power is controlled 100% by the rider. If the rider has self control and doesnt try to copy the tricks and silly shit thats seen in the stunt videos everything is perfect. But if a noob, buys a new bike even a 250 and trys to do crazy shit, hes going to the ICU. Me i plan on keeping all wheels on the ground at all times, i dont think its cool to impress ppl by risking my life. Plus since it was a gift from my pops i plan on keeping it till the wheels fall off. Park it later on and buy me a chopper to ride, and pass'em both off to my kids. Atleast thats the idea, certain shit you just cant trash or get rid of...

Call the DR, he must be sick or maybe drunk. I expceted the most intense flaming from you bhr, now for your followers !!!

:don: Calling the Good Doctor, BHR has flipped his lid.... :wtf: