My Own Intake

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let me make this very clear, I support the stock spoiler which ties everything together and has the same lip to is, flowing beautiful. ANYTHING ELES, is horrible, including stock spoilers from other mazdas :whistle:

:whack: No cash to remove what's on there right now, if I could I would. Not my fault anyway, the last jobber that owned the car had the repair work done at a shitty shop where the repair tech closed his eyes, flipped through a spoiler catalog, and bought the one his finger landed on....and then painted it gold in an *This reference banned by MW* induced narcolepsy fit. If the mounting bolts are the same, and someone wants to find me the right spoiler, I'll take the 626 spoiler off, and get the correct one painted and mounted when spring rolls around.

BTW, the 90 degree silicon elbow coupler is in the mail, and it is black. My intake will be complete.

And as I have always said... spoilers are cosmetic crap.

I disagree. The actual name gives it away as a purposeful item and not something cosmetic.

However, if its called a wing, that's probably more cosmetic.

A spoiler has the purpose of spoiling the air flow at the back of the car. It is actually forcing the air to let go of the rear end instead of holding onto it and causing drag.

Cheers, G.

j, I know its not your fault, its just hard to look at, when you want the true oem spoiler go to www.spoilerdepot.com it comes fully painted with everything you need, I helped plat but on on his 02, very easy, drill 4 holes, has its own gaskets (paint holes with touch up just in case) then connect the wire leads into the 3rd brake light, no more 3rd brake light inside, just hte spoilers internal LED brake light.

And maybe plugging those holes they drilled.

my intake looks damn heall nicer in black, but I can't really see the downward part since I mounted my ballast sort of in the way, but damn it, I wanna drive it and see how it sounds, still haven't driven the millenia since mwm07

let me make this very clear, I support the stock spoiler which ties everything together and has the same lip to is, flowing beautiful. ANYTHING ELES, is horrible, including stock spoilers from other mazdas :whistles:

MTS you're a :weirdo:

Beh milly has drag coeff. of 0.29, maybe the lowest with that weight. A spoilers cant make it any better. Its cosmetic but not crap depending on the model/car..

I disagree. The actual name gives it away as a purposeful item and not something cosmetic.

A spoiler has the purpose of spoiling the air flow at the back of the car. It is actually forcing the air to let go of the rear end instead of holding onto it and causing drag.

Cheers, G.

I believe it is 0,27 or 0,28. It takes wind tunnel testing to decide aerodynamic effects of a rear spoiler. Some are designed to reduce drag, which I believe the Millenia doesn't need because of its bootlid design and VERY low drag, others are designed to create downforce which increases drag. The last RX7 is one example of a car needing a spoiler to increase downforce during extreme speeding. But any man in good taste will like it better without it, for appearance ;)

Cheers, G.

Maybe more research is needed on anyone's behalf that believes a bolt on piece of dealer installed crap can effect the dynamics of the car but to increase the drag numbers, And furthermore, that minute angle affords NO downforce. It is merely an option for old people so that they can have an idea where the back of their car is so they don't back into things. BAH

The soapbox that MTS and X are on is not the one in despute. The spoiler is for LOOKS, not drag. It adds very nicely to the Millenia's lines. Yes, I know I sound like BHR, but I do agree with him on this point. The milly looks good without the spoiler, but looks better with the spoiler.

Quit arguing about drag. NO ONE cares about the drag or purpose of the spoiler. The spoiler is like white walls on tires, or chrome on rims, or tint on windows, or white on rice; its for LOOKS. :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: