My Own Intake

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found this online. Could this be why the intake has a big effect on the Miller Cycle engine?

"The intake air is first compressed by the supercharger and then cooled by an intercooler. This lower intake charge temperature, combined with the lower compression of the intake stroke, yields a lower final charge temperature than would be obtained by simply increasing the compression of the piston. This allows ignition timing to be advanced beyond what is normally allowed before the onset of detonation, thus increasing the overall efficiency still further."

You have an extra few mounts though, I changed chi design a bit, went with jdubs style bracket for the filter and black couplers, but chi's design is solid, and the hole drilled for the temp is spot on perfect.

Only recommendations I would make is smaller clamps, getting those bolts down sucked ass past where my drill reached, that and, well, now it seems like there is a hole on that side of the car, its so empty

I had to use a pair of pillars also since the deep socket didn't work very well in some places

read the instructions....its best to put the intake together in one piece, all tightened up, then drop it down into the area without the filter, secure it at the top and attach the filter last.

But aligning it up perfectly is nearly IMPOSSIBLE out of the car........

line it up, pull it out, tighten clamps and install. It is like a flat L shape, not really any complicated angles, i didnt think it was that hard. oh well, whats important is that no one damaged their MAF.

yes, well after the pain and grief I had to go through in thatweather, and then then the 13 hours of cleanup, you would be the same to.

I took it down to the clearcoat, with brand new clay and had to build it all up, not to mention lifting the entire car to check for any signs of anything under the car

yes, well after the pain and grief I had to go through in thatweather, and then then the 13 hours of cleanup, you would be the same to.

I took it down to the clearcoat, with brand new clay and had to build it all up, not to mention lifting the entire car to check for any signs of anything under the car

You should feel honored to even own a milly let alone clean one up. It is not grief, it is pride you should be feeling. If it is grief, then you do not by ANY MEANS deserve to be a milly owner. :angry:

let me make one 1 thing clear frank, I never should have taken the millenia, every time it rains or it goes on a road trip damage it done, hence the 13 new rock chips and various assorted other issues, plus now I'm about to ban several members, I know I'm the butt of all jokes on MW, but insulting my millenia is crossin the line.

I have worked very hard and given up alot of things to be able to have other cars to save my millenia the pain of daily driving, My millenia is taken care of better then anything eles, and when it is driven its pushed to its limits and even beyond, people who say because I don't drive it everyday so its not used are just fools. sitting in traffic with the a/c blowing while some smucks exhaust pumps into your intake is not driving, its accerated death of a car.

But hey, all great cars that people plan to keep forever, and already classic cars, the best thing to do is drive them everyday, expose them to the elements and dangers of chinks, thats why everynone who has classic cars, or high end sports car, or vintage cars, all drive them everyday and never own another car, right.

I'm thinking much futher long term then anyone here