Heated Seats

So how long does it take for everyones seat heaters to actually get warm from a cold start? generally I would say it takes about 2-5 minutes from when I press the button until I actually feel the heat, and even then its not that much. I remember it always took along time, but this sucks. My jeeps come on and provide plenty of heat within under a minute also from a cold start.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish it got hotter too. Some days it feels very warm, but there are too many times when I don't even feel it. When it works good, it takes about 3 to 5 minutes to warm up.

Maybe they could be switched out for another kind? I'm sure the wiring is simple enough. It would be a lot of work to get the seats out of the car and taken appart, but worth it in the end.

damn it.

The ones in my Jeep are just damn powerful, under a minute on low and its already warm enough I need to turn it off, but on high it can actually burn you.

The millenia does have a very powerful A/C and heater though, it might just be because of the smaller cabin, but it gets warm or cold pretty fast, much faster then the jeep.

My seat starts to feel warm in like 3 minutes, and keeps warming up untill close to uncomfortably warm, then the thermostat kicks in. I suspect this is why it keeps burning off... happened twice. The passenger seat isn't that warm.

And yes, the heating in the Xedos is awesome. I keep it on 22 degrees C all year round. It even has lots in reserve when -30 degrees C, keeps all the windows clean from ice on the inside too. Awesome indeed. Never had any other car close to this. My 88 626 didn't even manage to keep the top windshield clean under such conditions. Not to mention side and rear windows.

talking about warming up the car and getting coffee, it's never really too too cold in south ga for all of that, but has anyone ever thought about puting a remote starter on the milly? sorry if this is innappropriate but it was just a quick thought

I have one that was on the car when i bought it. It wouldn't be more expensive than any other car, they just tap a few wires and program.

I wish i could get an engine pre-heater. They use less than a half liter of gas per hour and can heat your coolant to operating temp in about 5 minutes without even starting the engine. They can cost more than $1000, but worth it if you live where it gets cold.

My driver side seat heater doesn't work :( is there a way to fix it?

It is probably the element, my driver seat has burned off two times. Take out the seat, and use a digital multimetre to measure continuance. It should read in the region of 3 to 4 ohms. If it doesn't, it is burned off somewhere. On my Xedos the connector has 4 wires, two for the seat heating and two for the seat adjustment. Make a search on MW.org, there is a couple of threads there describing how to fix it. Including how to buy and use the tools for dismantling the seat cover. Called hog rings, the cramps holding the seatcovers in place. Try a search on hog ring or seatback.

If the element is burned off, it is possible to mend. Splice in a wire, piece of cake (well, I'm a pro electrician ;)). Make sure to use a proper crimping tool, NOT soldering.

talking about warming up the car and getting coffee, it's never really too too cold in south ga for all of that, but has anyone ever thought about puting a remote starter on the milly? sorry if this is innappropriate but it was just a quick thought

both i and my friend (who owns a 2000) has remote starters in our cars...i think spoo does too..