Say It Ain't So....

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm:

I have seen some of those, but the replica oem's??

the struts of course caught my eye, it looks like a bullshit search engine that just puts in anything, but how can there be struts that fit only 95-96? they should be interchangable atleast up to 00 if not 02.

If there are infact true aftermarket ones now on the market...I feel I might just have to purchase a set

can the 95-06 struts be made to work with newer ones

someone needs to order the eibach bars RIGHT AWAY, I personally do not have the funds at this time, but the rear does look like it would fit, but the front bar...hmm, questionable.

I was told you can replace the upper strut mount and then it would be no problemo.

someone needs to order the eibach bars RIGHT AWAY, I personally do not have the funds at this time, but the rear does look like it would fit, but the front bar...hmm, questionable.

Bars are ordered... :shifty:

Good find MTS :thumbup1:

I was told you can replace the upper strut mount and then it would be no problemo.

The older cars are supposed to have 12 mm threads, newer 10mm. But I got KYB's for 95-96 and they had 10mm threads, so I don't know what's correct... Anyway they fit my 00 without modifications to mention. In worst case the strutmount can be modified, no need to buy a new one. Fit a bush if downsizing, bore it out if upsizing. Piece of cake.

If you're lowering your car and it has reasonably high mileage, then you should probably replace the strut mounts anyway. Good find MTS.

Why? They have no wearing parts at all unless rust is evident.

The 26 mm front bar in this set has same dimension as the stock bar, why bother to replace that? The rear bar is way stiffer than the stock Xedos bar, 24mm instead of 16mm. It will decrease rear grip quite a lot, and probably turn the Milly into a tailhappy bitch :)

The mounts are made of rubber and metal. The rubber ages and loses it's bond with the metal. No different than engine mounts, or harmonic balancers.

Going from no swaybar, to a 24mm swaybar will truely turn it into 'a tailhappy bitch' as Xedos put it.

Well I don't know why I bothered... some fuckin' drunk bastard side swiped the milly today. After he rear ended a classic TR6.... passenger side front to back was crunched by a fuckin' Avalanche... :angry: I have to take it for appraisal tomorrow... knowing insurance companies... they will try to write it off.... FUCK FUCK FUCK

some fuckin' drunk bastard side swiped the milly today

Kiss it goodbye. Given the damages will be closer to $6000 to fix, and given your mileage is so high, the car isn't worth it in the eyes of the insurance company.

This is precisely the reason I think drunk drivers should be beaten to within an inch of their fucking lives (I mean that--good gory hollywood style beating), and then put into prison.

After he rear ended a classic TR6

Nnnnnooooooo!!!

some fuckin' drunk bastard side swiped the milly today

Kiss it goodbye. Given the damages will be closer to $6000 to fix, and given your mileage is so high, the car isn't worth it in the eyes of the insurance company.

This is precisely the reason I think drunk drivers should be beaten to within an inch of their fucking lives (I mean that--good gory hollywood style beating), and then put into prison.

After he rear ended a classic TR6

Nnnnnooooooo!!!

Sorry was wrong in my TR6.... a little flustered from the accident at that time... it was a 1979 MGB... but it looked unhurt compared to the damn Avalanche...

no ren I haven't been paying attention, I'v been driving for 18 hours, moving for the past month, and attempting to restore millenia greatness along with coming into my busy time of the year, so what part is so out landish.

chitown said they could be made to fit, so I'm interested, I want the front sway bar from eibach, I just don't see it fitting, maybe the 2.5 though