Say It Ain't So....

Sorry was wrong in my TR6.... a little flustered from the accident at that time... it was a 1979 MGB... but it looked unhurt compared to the damn Avalanche...

What about your car, any pics? The milly at the scrapyard by my house is black, I didn't check the condition of the fender or doors though. May be an option to just swap everything and have someone fix the rear 1/4 panel. This is assuming the damage is more cosmetic than functional.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MTS, I'm sorry to hear about the SawMill :cry: Hope you either get a really good settlement or fix it.

I guess this isn't widely interesting just now, but a 26 mm swaybar is a 26 mm swaybar regardless of origin. I agree the bushings are wearing parts, but hardly the swaybar.

Given the good balance in my Xedos with 16 mm rear bar, it would be interesting to know the result of installing a 24 mm.

OK the car is still functioning, it is all cosmetic, aside from the rear passenger door lock that now makes a hideous noise when closing :( The front door contacts the front fender when opening and makes an awful Latlike shriek... My mudguards are both damaged, and it looks like some ghetto splash sticker is installed from all the scratches and plastic remnants down the side... pics will come when I get some time... I am off to Montreal in a bruised and battered Milly today :(

I have the 24mm, it does make a difference

However I had searched for years and never found a front bar which I think would make a bigger difference. If mts aqquires it, and it fits I will be 2nd in line, still debating struts.

I have seen mts's car and its not AS BAD as it may sound, but lets face it, so much as a single finger print is cause for death.

damn it, many things needing to be done, many many small things mostly.

I'm also thinking of retrofitting in a homelink universal garage door opener, I can find a matching color and probably get it in, but the transmittor for new door is large and bulky, but a rolling code so I can't use my old skylink

I couldn't walk up to the guy, though I tried... he gunned his engine did a 180 and fled the scene... almost tagging another vehicle on his departure. I spoke with insurance... since it is a hit and run, it will not be held against me (no fault insurance up here), my deductible will be cut in half thus far, but if they find the guy responsible I may not have any deductible. So some good news. But I would still like to start a hunting the native party.... but if they have him I am sure he is still sequestered in jail hopefully... and I am in Montreal at the moment.

Did you just watch him drive off without trying to chase him? Wow, you're either a calm man or the SawMill was temporarily nonoperatrive?

I remember chasing an old man who bumped into my numberplate on a ferry; pretending nothing happened and driving off. I spent like a mile or two flashing the lights and honking the horn at him, but he kept driving as if he was blind AND deaf. Well, I passed him, stopped and and blocked the road, went out of the car and made him pay for the damage and then some. Quite a lot of spectators given the line of cars exiting the ferry. He was kinda shaky :D

Did you just watch him drive off without trying to chase him? Wow, you're either a calm man or the SawMill was temporarily nonoperatrive?

I remember chasing an old man who bumped into my numberplate on a ferry; pretending nothing happened and driving off. I spent like a mile or two flashing the lights and honking the horn at him, but he kept driving as if he was blind AND deaf. Well, I passed him, stopped and and blocked the road, went out of the car and made him pay for the damage and then some. Quite a lot of spectators given the line of cars exiting the ferry. He was kinda shaky :D

I did the same exact thing to a bunch of teenagers who thought they were cool and flicked me off (i was having a bad day), i guess they didnt count on how fast my milly shifts from park to drive and that i had bat in the trunk. funny thing was that when i blocked the road it was in front of the chicago police academy and all the little piglets got to watch real justice in action. :D just gave them a little scare, i am sure now they have learned to respect their elders...