Say It Ain't So....

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, so probably a fouled cat since the S/C failure... also am thinking I have leaking valve guides, as once in a blue moon I get a puff of smoke on cold starts. BUT have removed the famous cover to check inside the S/C lobes and they are clean and dry, so no it is another failing S/C. Power, well it has been a gradual thing, so maybe not noticeable until free breathing is returned. I mean, it still spins the wheels off the line if pushed right. Since I rarely short trip, or drive at low speeds, it is not likely that problem. Shortest trip is to work and that is 20 minutes after properly warming through the engine.

It is not so hard to modify EGR tube when all is out of the car ;) They have pulled the lower cross member to gain access and dropped the manifolds, so there is lots of room under there... well relative to normal.

I am getting heads rebuilt also. And your muffler sits in my living room as I am on the road. I couldn't call Greyhound on the weekend as their offices are closed... MORONS. I will see what I can find out. But $2-300 dollars shipping is INSANE for a muffler that I effectively paid $80 for.

I will look into it... but I know Ren is wanting the muffler too.... so if it is still too much... I still owe him for the cleaning and soon to be rebuilt heads ;)

I haven't had time to send a new request, but last year they wanted 200 Euros for each in Germany. Plus shipment I guess. To save money I can probably have them ship them directly to you. I am currently awaiting a return call from Sweden regarding cuto's headlight, they do take their time. And the swedes don't ship to Norway. However Portugal was no problem; both EU members. If I were to pick them up I would need to have them shipped to a swedish postoffice near the border, which is a 4 hour drive minimum, one way. Or, if the swedish option turns out to be interesting for you, maybe cuto could be a courier for those as well. We shall see. Granted I get the muffler ;)

Xedos headlights are classy items ;) New price here in Norway is probably at least $800 each. To give you an idea, 626 headlights for an 88 model was like $600, more than 10 years ago. No kidding. Mazda parts are expensive in Europe, good thing they don't need being replaced often.

I don't know about Germany, but here the used price is often half of new price, give or take. In fact knowing new price is handy when negotiating price. I will investigate it.

I think mts would be better off starting over with new 95-96 lenses and sanding them perfectly without going ghetto black out

You keep you ghetto chrome surrounds... :sick::ban: all CHROME