The Towing Thread

Since the towing ability of the Xedos became a matter of discussion, I've now found it's time for this thread to be made. To enlighten new members:

The Xedos 9 has 1500 kg's towing ability, and features a stock additional tranny cooler placed in front of the AC radiator. As an experienced driver I can confirm the Xedos 9 2,5 is a very good towing car part from lack of lowrange grunt. However the hold button is convinient for keeping the revs up.

The Eunos 800 has 1000 kg's towing ability. The whereabouts of an additional cooler are unknown.

Finally the Millenia has no towing ability and no additional cooler. Since I'm generally known as the :smartass:, I feel obliged to state it has nothing to do with the cars ability (part from lacking said cooler); rather the drivers ability. Another explanation could be Mazda learned their lesson about US citizens and their tendency to sue companies for the most redicilous reasons and actually win in court :rolleyes:

Well; I've uploaded a video for those interested, on a typical norwegian road :shifty:

Towing video

BHR, thanks for helping me out with the uploading, as you said there was no need to convert the file :)

However the editing feature was not availible; the second half is rather uninteresting...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:mad:

:mad:

no god damn towing!!!!!

a stock tranny cooler would have been a much better idea for performance on the S, and a tranny lasting past 115k on the 2.5, infact the more I think of it, I bet only the 2.5 they risked telling people on other parts of hte world to tow, knowing it would die anyway and then be able to replace a tranny, to mention any other costly repairs. The roof raisl are damn bad enough, but when properly loaded just an insult, not a horrible idea survival of the fittest would pimp smack a hoe for.

If you want to tow you get something more powerful, with a frame, brakes, and handling ability to handle towing, for example a Jeep

I have infact seen a millenia for sale with a crappy after market u-haul hitch attached, good thing it wasn't in my area or I'd take the hitch off and beat them with it.

request move to millenia/xedos.800 section

A car that is designed for multiply purposes is hands down the worst car ever made, when you try to do everything, aim for nothing, please all, you will fail to achieve anything.

be an afordable sporty car, but admit your not fast and only good for fun

be a big truck, admit your slow and can't handle but can carry and tow

be an amazing highway cruising with touring like handling, a good high end sedan, not mean't for towing, not mean't for family vacations, not mean't to be a daily driver, and never to be touched my children

correct, I don't know how many cars he has, but I assume 2 for the family, there should be one bigger car for kids, towing and/or cargo space, and mean't for things like gravel roads

the xedos should be a weekend treat.

on a related note, there is a badass jeep cherokee for sale someone wants 400 bucks for, needs waterpump, belt, thermostat housing, and exhaust header....all things I did on my old grand cherokee for less then 200 bucks...

Hate to break it to you... but there are 4 doors.... it is meant to be a family car.... If you want a true Mazda sports car.... there is only one.... in the purist form of the title.... the Miata.

$400? You don't have $400?

Or say a typical student home interior like in this case; a washing machine, a couple of XL recliners, a sofa, TV, stereo, kitchen furniture, some 100 kg's worth of books and CD's, a queen size bed, storage furniture, the ususal bits and pieces people need, probably not much more than a tonne.

Well, there was a bike and a loaded trunk too, but no more than a 220 miles each way trip :)

I've pulled a caravan too, no more than 20 feet though ;)