Newb To Mazdaworld

Hey guys,

I'm cory from pensacola Fl, and an owner of a 1999 Millenia S. current mods are home made short ram intake and borla cat back. Alpine 9855 cd player with boston acoustic front and rear coaxials and two alpine V12 series amps, monoblock mrd-500 for the 12in boston acoustic G5 sub.

I also own a 2000 mustang GT 5spd with a KenneBell 2.2 supercharger making 647rwhp/610rwtq@21psi on C116 (605rwhp on 93 pump), fully built by modularpowerhouse in marietta ga.

I've been searching on here for days now and decided to become a member. I've searched around about upgrades for the car on this site and i know there is a limited selection but i have a few questions for those who know.

-First off, i'm very interested in Chitowns intake and would like to get some contact information from him in order to buy a kit.

-Also, i was researching headers for the millenia S, i've read that the exhaust gaskets on the 2.5 and 2.3 are the same, if so would the SSAC headers for the 2.5 match up for the 2.3 granted i'm sure some collector mod might have to be done?

Lastly, reflashing the ecu to bypass the stock setting of 9psi for first gear and 14psi in 2nd-4th (o/d)? im ot sure if JET still reflashes the ecu on the 2.3s, but are there any other companies out there that could reflash.

As for the guys who have the JET ecu, what are you guys input on this mod?

I will have many more questions to point me in the right direction, just don't want to overload you guys right yet.

I will let you know more about the headers when I get home from my business trip and see them on my car... the shop better be done them after 3 days :unsure:

Oh and welcome to the Mazdaworld... it is a great place for information and just general laughter... enjoy.

mts.. dont forget to post pics. and millen...kogt something...WELCOME! ur gonna love it. :)

appreciate it guys, thanks for the info on the headers, hopefully it will wake the 2.3 up a lil.

yeah i've been reading on this forum for awhile you guys bash each other pretty well from time to time lol, so i'm sure i'll enjoy it.

i don't have any pics of my milly yet i will get those soon, but here is a few of my stang... enjoy.

IPB Image

you can see the back of my milly...lol

http://www.mautofied.com/AdPhotos/10070717_2008530115165.JPG

exhaust is still a work in progress, the headers bolt up, but some modification is needed, from the looks of things, you'll gain very litte over the more common approach of a high-flow cat and 2.5" piping

Jet does still reflash the ECU as far as I know, but to answer your question, NO, they will not change the boost of the engine, and if you ask them they will tell you flat out no, infact I would consider it an extremely unsafe idea given how the miller-cycle works, because the engine compresses partically against the s/c pressure increasing that pressure could actually lead to reduced power and certainly more wear. I do not know of any other companies that do chips for the millenia (avoid all the fake ebay chips) the only reason JET can do it is because years ag oa member "alumnar" let them have his car for a week to map everything.

the chitown intake is vastly superior to any short ram, a shortram will also reduce power but taking in only super heated air.

You can remove it, you will need another piece of longer tubing to make up for it. With the sound that comes out of the intake with the resonator box, not sure I would remove it. If you check the CAI thread in the TECH section under Millenia the price is there.

leave the box, chi had worked on something to get rid of it but there are just to many vacuum lines to redo and connect, the sound is damn good with the chitown intake.

k&N filters run anywhere from 50-90 depending on size and type, you need a 3" inlet, mine was something like 76 I believe. You can of course just get a random reuseable cone filter, same noise and almost the same performance, just not quite as rich, but maybe only 15-20 dollars.

$205 shipp3ed with the filter, $140 shipped without. pm me with any other q's, im not around as much anymore since work has been so busy.....

still waiting on updates on MTS's exhaust, my car has been in the shop for two weeks now, im am getting very frustrated...I MISS MY MILLY!!!!!!

No SIR, it is awaiting my triumphant return to retrieve it from the exhaust shop... I will let y'all know about it and sounds once home. I am in Montreal with work and should be home tomorrow evening, to regain control of the Milly on Friday morning.. :shifty:

No SIR, it is awaiting my triumphant return to retrieve it from the exhaust shop... I will let y'all know about it and sounds once home. I am in Montreal with work and should be home tomorrow evening, to regain control of the Milly on Friday morning.. :shifty:

nice! i can't wait to find out the results and see some pics if possible.

CHITOWN, thanks man i will hit you up soon.