Well.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rust, a remus?

hell no

my remus would stand up far better to anything other exhaust I'v seen, nwo the hangers the shop used, not from remus are a different story

You would actually have to drive yours to find out, and by that I mean in climatic conditons. Since yours is babied in the garage you have no fucking clue what woudl happen to all the exposed welds under there...

Actually here are the specs on mine....

IPB Image

Material: 100% Stainless Steel - Mirror Finish

Body Shape: 5in.x8in. Oval

Inlet/Outlet Size: 2.25in./3in.x3.5in.

Body Length: 14in.

Overall Length: 24.5in.

Core Size: Dual 2in.

Position: Center Inlet/Dual Tip Outlet

Features and Benefits: IPB Image

The Street Series is designed for the souped up street machine. It features a high flow tuning tube, balanced to the needs of the high revving import engine. The Street Series emits a smooth, deep tone while offering improved performance over OEM equipment. The Street Series is recommended for street cars with bolt-on performance modifications and custom body kits.

The headers are available on eBay, but they really need to be modified to fit, the bolt pattern is wrong, the collector does not fit, the EGR tube needs to be drastically changed. The rear needs to have the flange cut off and moved to fit up inside. Then a high flow cat and a Magnaflow 18" resonator (not enough BTW second to be installed), then a the Series 40 Maganflow twin square tip muffler.

when you say the bolt patten is wrong, you're talking about the flange connecting to the head?

Do you have any more pictures from underneath the car maybe a full layout up front?

After seeing the original manifolds, what kind of power do you think you picked up?

The middle lower bolt is about 10mm different location from 2.3 to 2.5, the flange has to be cut out and washers used to compensate the now slotted flange. This is the only bolt that doesn't match. If you order a top end gasket kit, you will notice that the lower bolt hole is oblong to account for the different heads...

I am travelling now, cannot get more pics, but I will try when home again next weekend. As for power.... maybe a 10-15 HP increase by feel... but I am going to change plugs, change fluids and clean air filter when home and try to get on a local dyno for a pass... shall see.

remus is polished stainless steel in everything along with coated with basically rhino-liner at the joints, people that have had them all over and in conditions no millenia should ever face have had no problems.

on the other hand, I can give you MANY examples of Jeep owners with rusted out FM systems

The headers are available on eBay, but they really need to be modified to fit, the bolt pattern is wrong, the collector does not fit, the EGR tube needs to be drastically changed. The rear needs to have the flange cut off and moved to fit up inside. Then a high flow cat and a Magnaflow 18" resonator (not enough BTW second to be installed), then a the Series 40 Maganflow twin square tip muffler.

So basically you have to massacre the headers then? I may just save time and strap on a remus, i dont want another rental......is the high-flow cat 2.5" in and 2.5" out ( if i stick with stock headers for now), i def need one of those.....

Headers are modified to the point of being only for the S, YES. The reason I did this.... Mazda stock manifolds with pre-cats, and a new main cat.... WAY TOO MUCH FUGGIN' MONEY.

AND as a side note.... the O2 sensors are currently in stock positions, without ANY pre-cats, and NO P0421 and P0431 as expected... figure that one out... clean running engine? I had the one P0154 but the O2 sensor wire was loose.

:don: That was indeed LOUD! Did they provide earplugs too? Good luck, enjoy your cruising :P

Jokes aside, I wonder how much louder the Magnaflow resonator makes it compared to stock resonator? I listened to a soundfile with a MX6 with Magnaflow muffler, that wasn't this loud. I like the deep note, but it's too loud. Ren, is the stock MX6 exhaust note more or less similar to the Millenia? I know the 626 V6 is.

Here is the sound I might want, cartainly not louder than this;

MX6 with Magnaflow

How can a man treat his engine like this, flipping the throttle like it's some excersize equipment?

I can't open the file, and I'll just wait to see the car to see how loud it is. My car is pretty quiet on the outside, but because of my stiff engine mounts is pretty loud inside. My exhaust has the headers, a magnaflow resonator (biggest one the could shoe-horn under my car), and some cheap muffler. And since the mx6 sounds like a 626 here, then it should sould much like the 2.5 millenia.