Please Help

Haha, not really though, cause I really didnt think either of those existed as I had written up there. But I just thought Frank who is problably older/wiser would know about such a thing, so I wasnt going to argue and make myself look young and stupid if there really was such a thing.

Haha, it was a good one though, I gotta try that on someone. But anyways thanks to this site and the "other" site im the most knowledgable person about cars in my class. Some people just talk out of their ass and pretend they know eveything. For example I was having an argument with someone cause he kept saying that a thermostat is an electronic part that tells the ecu when to turn the cooling fans on. While I was saying its a mechanical part that controls coolant flow. We argued all lunch until the professor set him straight, and I knew that thanks to you guys and not a book.

Currently learning- How to rebuild starters and alternators.

-Steven

Sorry Steve, I was being funny (sarcastic) but not in a mean way. Most mechanics are (or should be) ASE certified and are still crooks or will just replace things untill there is nothing left and 'accidentally' fix the problem....

This site is NDD a great resource and I am happy you are learning......

On a side note, I always tell my friends that if they want to make sure they are not getting 'ripped off' by a mechanic to ask them to check the muffler bearing or piston return spring. If they say they did it or will do it WITHOUT laughing then take your car and RUN!! :whistling:

Its ok, atleast I caught on early on, but I will try that on a pep-boys mechanic.

I gotta really study for the ASE test coming up in september. I plan on taking Basic Engine and Eletronic Systems Test. Each 50 questions. If I pass those 2 then I still have 6 more to go to be a Master Technician.

And yea some mechanics are crooks, like I said they replace parts until its fixed and charge you alot. But my teacher for instance is telling us that when replacing a starter, to not buy a new one just fix, clean or rebuild and save the customer some money and increase your profit. Hes really business oriented, cause he had his own shop when he left from being a merchant marine mechanic.

Its ok, atleast I caught on early on, but I will try that on a pep-boys mechanic.

I gotta really study for the ASE test coming up in september. I plan on taking Basic Engine and Eletronic Systems Test. Each 50 questions. If I pass those 2 then I still have 6 more to go to be a Master Technician.

And yea some mechanics are crooks, like I said they replace parts until its fixed and charge you alot. But my teacher for instance is telling us that when replacing a starter, to not buy a new one just fix, clean or rebuild and save the customer some money and increase your profit. Hes really business oriented, cause he had his own shop when he left from being a merchant marine mechanic.

My background is in Marine Engineering, boilers, steam turbines, reciprocating engines and pumps, diesels, gas turbines, and now high speed centrifugal separators. But I spend most of my free time (if I am lucky 8 hours a week :( ) under the hood of a car tweaking, repairing, modifying, etc..... oh and building decks on houses....

Not to mention that electric motor noise.

Meanwhile here is MTS' dream car:

IPB Image

Chrysler’s turbine program lasted from 1954 through 1979, but they are best remembered for approximately 50 experimental gas turbine cars built in 1963 which they loaned to a sampling of preferred customers for their evaluation in everyday driving conditions. High fuel consumption, high production costs, and difficulties experienced by drivers who were not used to the behavior of a turbine engine doomed the effort.