Got A Problem...surprise Surprise Right

really, because once again you are uninformed and confusing people.

1. 95's, about 90% had OBD1 - just ask marcus, or camel or anyone else

2. The codes listed are OBD1

there is a 0100, but 1000, etc are not listed on ANY obd 2 source

No... all Millenia's in the US are OBD-II compatible 1995 is no different. They were all shipped out with OBD-II compatibility stickers and the systems were in place. Later Mazda voluntarily chose to re-sticker the 95 models to state OBD-I compatible, which could be due to the hard to find location of the OBD port or maybe just minor problems in the system itself. But regardless of their reasoning, all the codes are OBD-II codes and can be read by any OBD-II scanner. The reason you couldn't find all of the codes is because some are manufacturer specific, if you look in the FSM, they are all there.

P0100 - MAF circuit malfunction

P1000 - All tests not complete (ignore this code, it does not indicate a problem and goes away on its own)

P1402 - EGR Valve Position Sensor

P1601 - ECM/TCM Communication Error

I would first fix all the vacuum lines, clean the MAF, and erase the codes. The P1402 could be vacuum related and P1601 could just be a side effect of the vacuum problems or a one time code that won't come back. Then see what comes back or if you are still having problems.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine is dated 06/94, and MillyOwner's is a couple months older than that (I want to say it is 04/94), both OBD-II. Are you really sure that it was not compatible? The port is in an obscure place, and the stickers state that it is OBD-I. In almost every old post I have read through, people are convinced that there is no port, when they look in the correct place it is there. I could not find a single person who posted that they did not have a port with any evidence that it was true, and many that later found it. I am also not sure if MillyOwner has a 95 S or L, I suppose it could be something they tried on the S in early production and not the L...

Mine is dated 06/94, and MillyOwner's is a couple months older than that (I want to say it is 04/94), both OBD-II. Are you really sure that it was not compatible? The port is in an obscure place, and the stickers state that it is OBD-I. In almost every old post I have read through, people are convinced that there is no port, when they look in the correct place it is there. I could not find a single person who posted that they did not have a port with any evidence that it was true, and many that later found it. I am also not sure if MillyOwner has a 95 S or L, I suppose it could be something they tried on the S in early production and not the L...

He had a 2.5 before.

well i pulled the codes on an obd2 reader and the codes above are the codes it puled i just finished replacing all of my vacuum lines and it runs alot better but it still dies when i come to a stop is that because of the Egr?

also when i pulled the front intercooler (or whatever it is call on a S/C) it had a lot of oil in it and a bunch of my vacuum lines have oil in them

and about the PCV valve i pulled the hose off of it and placed a filter over both ends and the car ran alot better i think most of theoil in my intake is from that stupid valve

well i pulled the codes on an obd2 reader and the codes above are the codes it puled i just finished replacing all of my vacuum lines and it runs alot better but it still dies when i come to a stop is that because of the Egr?

also when i pulled the front intercooler (or whatever it is call on a S/C) it had a lot of oil in it and a bunch of my vacuum lines have oil in them

and about the PCV valve i pulled the hose off of it and placed a filter over both ends and the car ran alot better i think most of theoil in my intake is from that stupid valve

What did you do exactly? You can change the valve.So much oil shouldnt come from there.

i am going to get the codes erased tonight and was looking at this product called restore it it restores compression in you cylinders dose it really work? i know that i am getting a miss fire at low RPMs and that is why my engine dies when i come to a complete stop. do you think i should give this restore a try?

I wouldnt mess it up more. You have some problems with intake air being not enough i think.. ECM should open IAC valve when the car comes to a complete stop. If there is communication issues between ECM and TCM, ECM may not be able to know tranny is engaging to gear while the car is stopping.

http://members.cox.net/sciberpunkt/tech/obd/p0100/

It may also be the EGR though.

I'm not sure if there is a baised between the S and the 2.5, but 96 was the year OBD was required, and there have been more then a handful of accounts stating OBD1 on 95, infact I have yet to find someone with a confirmed 1995 OBD2

... I have an OBD-II 95, I can take a picture of the reader working if you don't believe it. Some of the accounts I found said that the port is behind the drivers side kick panel, you would need to be searching to find it. The reason for the recall of the OBD-II status on the 95 could very well be just because the placement of the port violates the standard, but the rest of the system is in place.

No those test are instant so they can come back very quickly. Im going to go with something wrong with the egr system. If your EGR opens while at idle the car will stall and shut off. So I would check its not sticking. Take it off and clean it.

Check your MAF connections and clean it out with MAF sensor cleaner.

there shouldn't be alot of oil, but replacing the PCV valve might make a difference, might not. but they do clog

restore is just a garbage product and doesn't work, it won't do harm - but it won't restore anything

In terms of cleaning I use "GUNK" oil cleaner for the oil, and a decent number of people have used seafoam. I personally have had zero luck with seafoam since my engines are always clean, but in your case I would recommend it. You can also remove the EGR and clean it up with brake cleaner or something. I have seen them be nearly clogged before.

It looks like a custom molded hose, it probably could be replaced with rubber hose, but rubber does not mix well with oil, so I havn't tried that yet. I was also considering trying one of those inline PVC oil separators so that would require a different hose too. I would be interested to see how much oil passes through the PVC and back into the supercharger.

It looks like a custom molded hose, it probably could be replaced with rubber hose, but rubber does not mix well with oil, so I havn't tried that yet. I was also considering trying one of those inline PVC oil separators so that would require a different hose too. I would be interested to see how much oil passes through the PVC and back into the supercharger.

It smokes a lot. I realized it when doing seafoam. I cant imagine how much under load. The smoke may partially because of Mobil1.