Got A Problem...surprise Surprise Right

my cel light is on i am going to get the cel codes re-read seeing as the last time i checked was 2 years ago and i don't remember the numbers (no i wasn't driving it for 2 years but i was serving a mission for my church and just got back) don't run from your problems they just wait for you like this on did for me it waited in my garage and now the TCS light is on too any help would be much apreciated i love this car and want to enjoy it. you know how i feel other wise you wouldn't be reading this.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has nothing to do with the tranny. If your TCS lights are on and the car doesnt rev over 2K then just check your vac lines according to the vac diagram and you may want to replace the vac tees as maintenance. In some cases you need to remove the CAC assembly (piping ontop of the S/C) to see all the vac lines. PM me if you want a write up.

First you may want to remove the solenoids near the EGR and ohm test them.

You can try to take off the plastic covers and look around a little. Use the vacuum diagram in the tech section. Look for broken T's, broken solenoids or vacuum lines that are cut or disconnected. Sometimes you can find problems without having to take the CAC off. With a 95 you have it even easier because there is a lot of metal tubing that runs under the CAC piping. I also have a 95 and was able to fix a cut hose, a broken T, and a misrouted line without removing anything more than that. In the end I did the whole job removing everything for maintenance. Vacuum problems can sometimes generate transmission codes even though the two are not directly related.

If you do take off the CAC assembly I would replace all the plastic T's and maybe even the vac lines so they dont break again. I wouldnt know what Matt was talking about since I dont have a 95 but it cant be very different than my 00 and the write up I gave you which by the way was written by Matt. Another thing to check is the green and white vacuum check valves.

With the codes we will be able to tell you more. So get those ASAP.

BHR stop confusing people, what lines from the tranny!!??? When the TCS goes off because of vac line problems the ecu will throw a tranny code of C1118 or something like that, but that is it. IF the HOLD light flashes then it is a tranny problem. Go back to ranting in the water cooler about everything you hate.

But there are tons of vacuum lines, only 1 is probably bad, egr is possible, but TCS staying on with the CEL usually means something with the tranny lines or sensors.

You are speaking of tranny lines and tranny sensors. This most likely has to do with ENGINE vacuum problems which in turn throw out the transmission code in error. Just because their is a code doesnt mean that exact thing is the problem. If that were the case I wouldnt be studying automotive technology.

The tranny code is a side effect of the vacuum problems, but there is nothing actually wrong with the transmission.

1995 is identical to the other years as far as the work to remove everything but some of the lines that run under the CAC are metal tubing. It makes it a little easier to fix problems with everything in place. It still takes a full 21 feet of house though.

but if the CEL and TCS light are on its usually a vacuum line related to the tranny

This most likely has to do with ENGINE vacuum problems which in turn throw out the transmission code in error. Just because their is a code doesnt mean that exact thing is the problem. If that were the case I wouldnt be studying automotive technology.

Read posts first, then study harder

ok so i got the hose i bought 25 feet and am going to replace it all. then i can check it off my list of posabilities all together.

i went to get the codes and i couldn't for the life of me fint the OBD2 conector i know that the obd2 didn't come out until 96 and my milly is a 95 but i am pretty sure i used the obd2 code reader 2 years ago to read the codes. where is the obd2 port?

oh and if i made Brass "T" conector with a soderinng kit would they work better than the plastic ones?

I ordered 5 of these:

http://www.drillspot.com/products/501187/p...-5_32_union_tee

I dont think you have an obd2 port for 95. Did you read the codes or mazda did?

You can try the LED trick. Can be found pinned under millenia forum.

oh wow, look bhr, something IS better on a 95

Not to mention the aluminum hood, flanged intercoolers, leather wrapped shifter and e-brake, side mirrors, plastic spare tire cover... :whistling:

ok so i got the hose i bought 25 feet and am going to replace it all. then i can check it off my list of posabilities all together.

i went to get the codes and i couldn't for the life of me fint the OBD2 conector i know that the obd2 didn't come out until 96 and my milly is a 95 but i am pretty sure i used the obd2 code reader 2 years ago to read the codes. where is the obd2 port?

On the 95, the OBD-II port is up underneath the bottom edge of the dash over the gas pedal, and it faces towards the front of the car. It is about where your right knee would be if you were sitting in the seat. To find it the first time, it would help to lay on your back in the drivers foot area with a flashlight and you will be able to see it. Once you know where it is you will be able to plug it in without looking.

I ordered 5 of these:

http://www.drillspot.com/products/501187/p...-5_32_union_tee

I dont think you have an obd2 port for 95. Did you read the codes or mazda did?

You can try the LED trick. Can be found pinned under millenia forum.

Those are a great find. They look like they could be the same as the ones I sold a while ago, and not a bad price either.

Those are a great find. They look like they could be the same as the ones I sold a while ago, and not a bad price either.

Yours were cheaper but couple dollars wont make me rich. I was searching ebay for a long time nothing came up..

I was able to sell mine so cheap because I bought them as a lot and I bargained with the seller and got another 30% off or so. It's not very likely that a chance like that will pop up again. I ran out a while ago, and still get PM's sometimes. It is good to have another place to buy from, and the price difference is small enough.