Best brake rotors

No, BHR. When disc brakes (or rotors) like the millenia's are made of iron, it's incredibly deadly when they're shiny.

See, shiny surfaces have less friction than dull surfaces. When your pads touch the shiny iron discs, they're slipping on them and it takes them more work and pressure to catch on. While if they were dull, none of this would happen.

So Brembo blanks would do good huh? how about any other brand with cross drilled shits or something? or ceramic discs?

I'll be getting standard Brembo discs when due, next spring the rears I guess. Going to wear down the pads first. The salt in winter tears on the discs. Main point for me they're probably downwards half price versus stock and should do the job I guess. Stock prices are insane here. I like the idea of zink plating them like someone here did.

I'll think about it. Cleaning them just to paint them is a damn pain the ass and I don't know if I'll have time.

So just to set this thread back on topic: I need blank rotors, Brembo quite possibly being the best performance. How about the size? I know it must have 5 bolts through it, but does the width of the rotors matter?

hmmmmmmmmm got paypal? pm me

i'm pm'ing you now..

Don, there actually not bigger, there is just a dust cap thing. They fit, there the same rotors malice has and runs

not true...i (well my older brother actually) just changed my pads last week and was goin to put them on, but you could clearly see that the cross drilled rotor was significantly smaller than my stock rotor..

pm sent

• 1 month later...

arsonist is back? anyway, can someone offer a link to where someone can buy brembo blanks? and what are the benefits of getting them x drilled? and whats the difference between that and slotted and cross drilled? lastly, zinc plating and x drilling? how much would it be to get it done? :D sorry, i ask alot of questions. and im pretty sure itll answer some other brake noobs around here.

camel, do NOT do both slotting and x-drilling.

Now, I recommend kvr or the brembo/bradi combo. If I had known about kvr sooner I would have gone with them as there alittle cheaper, but the website you want is.

www.performancerotors.com they stock the brembo millenia rotors, when you order you select what plating you want and if you want them cross drilled. You will notice a massive difference, I believe it was don who took a ride in my car and nearly got whiplash from the brakes

don't those fucking ricers wonder why people like ferrari, aston martin, lamborghini mercedes, oh wait, EVERY SINGLE AUTOMAKER WHO USES HIGH PERFORMANCE ROTORS.

Yeah, every single one of them uses x-drilling only and never slotted, ever. But hey, people that spend billions of dollars on research, make entire generations of living and become legends, what do they know right? ricers on ebay, they know the magically secert of performance.

fucking ghetto rats, no god damn clue.

slotting is strictly for track use, infact, the myth among higher level ricers is thats its for all tracks, incorrect, slotting is only for autocross tracks, all otehr kinds of racing its useless.

Now, for your rotors, you can just do a search for brembo blanks, but DO NOT UNDER ANY CONDITION buy the rotors and then have them drilled. rotors are heavy chunks of metal that spin the same speed of your wheels, if its unbalanced in any way your problems will range from a bumper ride and bad brakes to rotors that could shatter and destroy chunks of hte car.

x-drilling rotors is done at very special brake shops that only do brakes, each rotor design is researched and then only a computer on a CNC machine can drill them properly for balance.

zinc plating keeps them from rusting, imo, its a great thing, silver is usually included, but black or ghetto gold might be more.