Theres something you don't see everyday

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, except for the pure carnauva tree wax and the citrus degreaser thing (both expensive as fuck), the rest is not too hard to do. I'm really looking forwards to do it next time I wash my millenia.

If the weather allows me to, I shall wash it with a really good soap I have there and cold water, buy new microfiber towels to dry it, use the degreaser on the wheels and brake calipers, check out every scratch and buff it out with some rubbing compound and some of that other clay and then wax.

actually I do use the degreaser, and I do use the wax prep, well tis not really a wax prep, it removes all old wax and anything eles so the wax can bond to pure, fresh paint. Both are products from Zymol. Also, I perfer warm water. I do have a dedicated special wash mit I only wash the millenia in, as well as its own set of microfiber towels. My jeep and M3 don't get nearly the detail, although it does get treated MUCH better then pretty much everything eles on the road. I do use microfiber to dry on the M, but each car has its own sets of washing and drying, including different products, the millenia and M I use a more ph balanced, softer formula, whereas with the jeep I use something slightly tougher since as a daily driver there is much more brake dust.

I heard it depends a lot on the color. You want to use something that has a strong power of hydrogen on white cars (same way as you wash clothes, dee dee deeeeee!) and that could very well replace the wax prep.

I never use warm water, ever. With the humidity levels here, even around sunset, warm water will leave stupid ass water marks as it dries. While when it's cold, I can buy sometime.

arson, no, there is no gray. On my grill the vertical lines have a chrome tipped whatever, and the horizental cars, and indeed the vertical plastic as well are a black plastic, there is no gray. Perhaps your had just faded over time or isn't washed.

Like I said, that a Q tip and a powerdrill with a grip attachments, break q-tip in half, put in drill, no you have a mini high speed buffer, put a few drops of mothers "back to black" plastic polish on your finger, run q tip through it, apply to grill or other hard to reach areas. I'm not kidding when I say how seriously I take my detailing. I even polish the key holes and then painted them black so they match