First Milly Issue

i didn't say i don't believe u..i said i don't believe what people told u because obviously it can be done...people tried to tell me that my eibach springs weren't meant for my car and that was wrong too

when it comes to shit with the millenia, people are quick to tell you it can't be done, when in fact it can...that was simply my point..u said u didn't take offense, but u took the time to thank me for not believing you, which i just took the time to try to clarify for u..i don't get it

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rollin: is it possible to get a block heater if u live in an apartment? how does it work? are there portable ones?

It is only a little 1500W heater element that goes into the water jacket of the engine and keeps the coolant warm. Plugs into any 110V outlet

i didn't say i don't believe u..i said i don't believe what people told u because obviously it can be done...people tried to tell me that my eibach springs weren't meant for my car and that was wrong too

when it comes to shit with the millenia, people are quick to tell you it can't be done, when in fact it can...that was simply my point..u said u didn't take offense, but u took the time to thank me for not believing you, which i just took the time to try to clarify for u..i don't get it

I was giving you a hard time Don.

The places I took the milli to had tried it and just could not get the damn things to work properly.

xedos - it only warms up the inside of the car if you leave it running for along time, burning the gas of course.

the stuff you speak of is what I use to have for the millenia, well still do but do not need. a battery blanket heater, engine block heater.

this makes it much easier to safe the car and does not let the engine do damage to itself in extreme cold. remote start just starts the car, if turning the key won't start it due to cold, neither will the remote start

I don't quite understand, you mean the Webasto only warms up the inside of the car? Sure, such Webastos also exist, but I'm thinking of those heating the coolant, and then, as an option, the cars own fan can warm up the cabin using the heater core. They then need a voltage sensor, to avoid the battery being drained too much to start the car. It is not a good idea to do only short trip driving with this feature due to recharge needing some driving.

My block heater is only 500 watts actually, enough to warm up the engine in 2 hours. It is supposed to raise coolant temperature about 40 degrees C above outside temperature. Typically the engine becomes hand warm after two hours though, even when freezing cold. The engine starts almost without raised idle at all.

Anubis, you need a power outlet, obviously. Or a remote start generator ;)

xedos, let me put it another way, the remote start does nothing at all but start the car.

which means by remote, you can start the engine, so if you leave the heat turned on when you left it, the heat will come on, and heat up the inside of hte car. the oil, battery, coolant, gear lube, whatever, will not warm up at all except for the heat from an idling engine

Was just funny how it ended up being about heating engines rather than the remote start issue ;)

Anyway, glad it's being sorted, you gone to a pro ?

yeah i decided to go back to the place i had it installed and they helped..

My question and suggestion actually was meant as a possible optional solution to the remote start, which in fact would be considered illegal here. Not to install, but to use.

you were in fact tryin to help xedos, therefore i thank you :thumbup1: