so... whats the whole idea behind

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remote starters can be better than humans if installed properly, and it's a decent system. You see, they stop cranking as soon as a tach signal is sensed, which is sooner than the human brain can hear the engine is started, and stop cranking. Not to mention, it's better to let the car warm up a little (1 min. minimum) before driving it. Not so much for passenger heat, but for oil flow, and transmission fluid/oil flow. Another feature is that a lot of them are an alarm system also.

whatever u wanna say bh...they BOTH start the car without the key...

not entirely true, for the push button you have to put the key in and turn it to "acc" before pushing the button or nothing will happen.

I drive the jeep every day in the winter, which does not sit in a heated garage, and if'll remember, my old jeep did infact have a remote start on, and even in the dead of winter I never used it except the one time the door was frozen shut by 6" of ice, started the car, cleared off the snow, then went to the ice

whatever u wanna say bh...they BOTH start the car without the key...

not entirely true, for the push button you have to put the key in and turn it to "acc" before pushing the button or nothing will happen.

I drive the jeep every day in the winter, which does not sit in a heated garage, and if'll remember, my old jeep did infact have a remote start on, and even in the dead of winter I never used it except the one time the door was frozen shut by 6" of ice, started the car, cleared off the snow, then went to the ice

ok...that proves nothing...u chose not to use it...

umm....WAAAA?! ok w/e....remote start can be a necessity. however, a push button start is NOT a necessity. actually, its an extra step in gettin your car started. sooo case closed.

thank u

how exactly is a remote start a necessity?

how is a push button a neccesity?