Exhausts/mufflers

As for the custom piping its really not that expensive, INFACT, I should note that to take a universal muffler and some piping bent and welded your could actually end up paying just as much or more then you would for a custom exhaust.

Malice, plat and myself all ahd ours at "insane racing" in maryland, you can get a full custom 2.5 exhaust for about 380, which includes some mufflers, price of the raw piping and labor is only like 85 dollars, especially since with the rev3 inlet it can be clamped and not welded.

Now of course I went with a fully mandrel bent system and had everything welded so it was slightly more, but even that + a highflow cat it was only 375, and originally it was like 150 or something to get the muffler alone put on with no custom exhaust.

It really is a damn good bargain, plus with a forced induction you don't have to really worry about losing backpressure, the bigger the better.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the huge advantage to this new remus system is the rev3 stepped inlet, meaning you can use it with your stock piping and get mild power gains and be happy, or down the road you can simply step up to the larger 2.5 piping and have a custom exhaust, 2 exhausts, 1 muffler, damn good idea

Honestly what should i get mufflers wise? because i'm not sure if i want the whole system?

That's the beauty of the Rev3, if you cannot afford the full 2.5" system now, you can still step up to 2.5 whenever you feel like it and NOT have to change the whole muffler, it will save you in the long run and let's face it, we offer one of the highest quality piece on the market today.

You get what you pay for.

Thanks Alot...This is what i read about the Rev 3 thing

Remus Universal Muffler

02/70/72 labeled

sport exhauts come as Rev3

Now you can custom fit your cat-back system with the Remus Rev3 Universals.

Remus Rev3 Universals feature a 3-step inlet tube that you can modify/cut to fit your custom built cat-back exhaust.

The inlet tube steps up in diameter along its length allowing an easy adaptation for 2, 2 1/4, or 2 1/2-inch exhausts.

The silencers come in three different size and shape configurations to allow for installation on virtually any vehicle.

Where can u get the 2.5 piping when u want to upgrade?

exactly, twin rounded/angled, the best by far.

as for the jet chip, there are 2 versions, one is a piggy back and gives you 10 hp and a streamer whoopi doopi, the 400 dollar one they will send you a small box, bubble wrap, and instructions on how to remove your ECU, you ship them the ENTIRE ecu, you fill out a form with what mods you have from toff the shelf to how much boost, special pulleys, new tire sizes whatever, and they will first wipe the ECU upload the new blueprint for performance and tweak certain aspects depending on what you have, run it alittle colder, change the shifting just a bit, change the airflow mix. In the base form it has yielded about 25hp on alumnar, grips and myself S...***I DO NOT KNOW IF THERE IS AN L VERSION*** People like plat who ran the chip and a 2.5 and nothing eles were around 265hp crank, so you do the math