Fuel Economy For Your Eunos 800m / Millenia

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

500 seems like a hella high amount.

the millenia CAN be good on gas, jsut not what it says it will.

the most I have ever gotton was about 25mph semi city, semi highway, and that was only a quater of a tank while warming up and trying to find new fuel, so it can be done. Just not without a smile on your face

The first time i checked my MPG i got 22. My 4 cylinder Honda Accord that I drove for 2 years always got like 23...so not a big change..I do about 840-900 miles per week. I drive about 100 miles round trip everyday for school. NOT GOOD. and i drive about 70-80 there and back..also NOT GOOD, but very fun!

nice. honestly, it depends on what i have to do that day. on average i clock about 1000 to 1200 a month. but during that month, i may have clocked half of that average already in a couple days and not much in the rest. or i may do 3000 miles in one month (yaa thats when oil changes becomes monthly) and almost no miles in the other months.

So if I am getting 400 km a tank and the fuel tank is 68 litres my fuel economy is 17 litres / 100km.

The best way to get fuel consumption figures is to fill the fuel tank up completely full, zero off the speedo then drive it until you reach near empty, then when you fill up look at how many litres you put into the car and then do your calculator off how many kilometres you travelled since you filled up.

My car only ever takes 55L at the pump and I get 440kms on average and slightly better in winter and then an 30-40kms on the stock wheels so this equals 12.5l/100kms and on the highway I do between 550-600kms on 55L.

Double check how much fuel you are putting in the tank, you might find it is doing better than you think.

Oh also replacing my 02 sensors even though I had errors didn't improve fuel effeciency.

Thanks for all the replys guys. So now my Eunos consumption doesn't seem heaps different then everone elses I don't feel so bad.

Is there any parts you can replace to get better economy out of your Millenia?

320kms. City. Stock car. (Although 12 years old). New tyres, pressure checked every 2 weeks (at most).

My 4 cyl car, with about the same kw/hp gets 500-650kms tamk, depending on how aggressive I drive.

This one...

IPB Image

Miller, get a block heater, or clean out your garage. The reason cars (Mazda's especially) get such bad mileage is that it takes a long time to get to operating temp, and during that time you run really rich. It's especially bad with Mazda because they have a cold temp enrichment program in the pcm. That's also why the idle is unbelieveably high during warm up. And since the engines cool down faster, just about every time you start the car you have to go through the lengthy warm up process. You need either a block heater of a fat chick to curl up to your engine to keep it warm.

Clasiqued, I hate you because I'm jealous.

As for mileage, any time I drove, I'd get at least 550k/55L, and for some reason the CEL would always go out on lengthy drives. RenGirl driving it was consistently 480-500 and the CEL would come back...women.

Since I don't drive the car in winter I can't say, but when I did I remember only getting slightly lower gas mileage, however, all my cars do simply from them messing with the gas in the winter.

I do have a block heater that I got with the car that I use in some of hte colder months a few hours before I plan to start the engine to warm it and get fluids moving, as for an aftermarket one, it would depend. Some engines can take one, some can't. I just don't know about the millenia, but it was only like 30 pr 40 bucks on the options list from mazda.

Another thing i realized is the lockup. When i cruise around 35mph (50km/h) it doesnt lockup at all the times. It revs around 1600-1700. I release the gas and slowly step on again and i guess it locks up. rpm goes down to 1400ish. It should consume less once locked up. Donno if i am doing right. Some of you guys know better than me :noidea: