Fuel Economy For Your Eunos 800m / Millenia

I mean the torque converter locks up, so that engine speed and AT input speed is the same. At highway speeds when you keep your speed constant it locks up and you see the rpm goes down suddenly although your speed is same at 4th gear.. That way ATF in torque converter does not heat up..

lockup? you mean stay in gear?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of hte best tests for fuel consumption will be MWM07. Since there will be several of us covering a large distance in a group, and in theory at almost the exact same time, stopping at the same time and locations, it will give a good sense of who's car is in the best condition for the best mileage

did not know that.

ren: wat i meant was...is there any aftermarket block heater that can be installed to any car?

I have a heater from Defa, see this link.

Two hours will heat the engine about 40 degrees C, enough to get the engine close to hand warm if it isn't crazy cold.

It is a crazy tight job to install, on the rear side of the engine. I think it was estimated by Defa as a 2,8 hour job, but the dealer spent like half a day, including removal of the downpipe and possibly the manifold to get access. I negotiated a prize beforehand though :clap:

I also have a coupe heater, don't see how I could manage without one...

And is that why i am smelling unburned gas while warming up and my friends think my car is old enough not to burn the gas completely?

And europeans, dont you all have cruise computer on xedos? It keeps track of the fuel..

Miller, get a block heater, or clean out your garage. The reason cars (Mazda's especially) get such bad mileage is that it takes a long time to get to operating temp, and during that time you run really rich. It's especially bad with Mazda because they have a cold temp enrichment program in the pcm. That's also why the idle is unbelieveably high during warm up. And since the engines cool down faster, just about every time you start the car you have to go through the lengthy warm up process. You need either a block heater of a fat chick to curl up to your engine to keep it warm.

Clasiqued, I hate you because I'm jealous.

As for mileage, any time I drove, I'd get at least 550k/55L, and for some reason the CEL would always go out on lengthy drives. RenGirl driving it was consistently 480-500 and the CEL would come back...women.

but the 3,0 is around too, often with 5-speed

there is a manual transmission available for the HD 929??? someone get me one of those!!!

ad yes...they are the most fun rwd cars in the winter. heck even in anything. i clouded the whole neighborhood with white smoke in 20 seconds just on heavy throttle and light braking.