Fuel Economy For Your Eunos 800m / Millenia

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

they do it on purpose.

i get around 260 miles per 11 gallons, prety consistenly, i always refill when it's about 1/8 th ank

Hi,

I have A Xedos9 from 1996.

Its a 2.0i, I used to do 15L/100km in town and a full tank (smaller then USA tanks probably, cuz its only 50L+5L reverse). I installed the TURBOMAG (little magnets to place around the fuel cables and the ionisize the fuel so it works more efficient) AND also new bougies (HALO bougies) and now I do like 10L/100km mixed......80% city(50kmh in 4th gear) and the rest 70kmh(also in 4th gear) roads........Last time I went from Antwerp to Paris and also back! This is approx 680km and my light started to glow the day after my arrival. I made almost 700km on 50L............This is almost like 7-7,5L/100km (highway). I recommend it!!! Great deal for no money (only £7 for the TURBOMAG and €80 for the bougies). RECOMMENDED by MEEEE!!!!!

I have similar numbers in summer..

You wanna decrease fuel consumption? Anybody likes to get 40-45mpg with milly? Try this: Find a long-wide vehicle preferably a bus. Get closer closer closer such that you are in the wind tunnel of it. 6ft/2m or so. You will feel that you dont need to apply that much throttle anymore. Follow the vehicle whatever it does, lane change, rest, accident (not this one).. There wont be braking problem since your cars brakes are much better than a bus.

You may need a bumper/hood paint and a new radiator, but you will get high mpg/low L/100km for sure :)

I dont do it either. Not because of braking (hell a typical greyhound bus doesnt have 120ft stopping distance) but because of flying stones.

And MC your new avatar looks sexy.

drafting is not recommended.

yeah, you get better gas mileage, but if he stops quick....

they did an experiment like this on mythbusters, the best range is 15ft, any closer and your feathing the pedal to keep the distance with the driver changing speeds and actually decreased gas mileage.

besides, its not safe AT ALL, yes you may have better brakes, but the split 2nd of time between him being on the brakes and your foot getting on them more then makes up for the extra braking distance.

besides, buses and trucks go slow, when I take road trips I cruise at 80, 70 if I'm starting to get tired. then I speed up to wake myself up, 90 in the millenia or M are very common

The thing is you dont drive in OH. Here trucks drive at the limit (that is official+9) anything above is likely to get a ticket..

they did an experiment like this on mythbusters, the best range is 15ft, any closer and your feathing the pedal to keep the distance with the driver changing speeds and actually decreased gas mileage.

besides, its not safe AT ALL, yes you may have better brakes, but the split 2nd of time between him being on the brakes and your foot getting on them more then makes up for the extra braking distance.

besides, buses and trucks go slow, when I take road trips I cruise at 80, 70 if I'm starting to get tired. then I speed up to wake myself up, 90 in the millenia or M are very common

I guess we were lucky during our transit back and forth to MWM07 then :whistling:

Shinta, I believe all models have a 68 litre tank capasity. But the lamp ignites when there are at least 10, maybe 15 litres left, in my car anyway.

Anyway you are probably our first member with a 5-speed Xedos! :clap:

My longest run on one tank of gas was about 785 km, 800 km is definitely within reach. If pushing a record, a spare can would be wise, I don't have one. On this occasion I had 3 litres left :whistling:

My best average in my 2,5 auto is 7,1 l/100 km, or 33,1 mpg. Not too bad in my book, as I give her what she wants and perform any passing of other traffic in a determined style. On this particular trip there was minor traffic though, and I probably averaged about 90 km/h.

I guess we were lucky during our transit back and forth to MWM07 then :whistling:

Shinta, I believe all models have a 68 litre tank capasity. But the lamp ignites when there are at least 10, maybe 15 litres left, in my car anyway.

My longest run on one tank of gas was about 785 km, 800 km is definitely within reach. If pushing a record, a spare can would be wise, I don't have one. On this occasion I had 3 litres left :whistling:

My best average in my 2,5 auto is 7,1 l/100 km, or 33,1 mpg. Not too bad in my book, as I give her what she wants and perform any passing of other traffic in a determined style. On this particular trip there was minor traffic though, and I probably averaged about 90 km/h.

Do u mean 5 gears?

How many gears do US models have?

I remember my light was on last time I filled the tank (and it was burning already like 2 days) and I tanked €65 till it clicked (FULL) and with the rates (1,4€ / L) it makes 46 litres and as u said 10 to 15 litres left when light burns. Lets make it 9 litres, cuz it was burning already 2 days I make 55 litres.....So I thought it would be 55 litres total.................I'll check my book.java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_2')

:D

I drove 140 kmh all the way to Paris and back (in 5th gear and with tha cruise control on....Sweeeeeet java script:emoticon(':drool:', 'smid_10')

:drool: )....sweet car

Do u mean 5 gears?

I remember my light was on last time I filled the tank (and it was burning already like 2 days) and I tanked €65 till it clicked (FULL) and with the rates (1,4€ / L) it makes 46 litres and as u said 10 to 15 litres left when light burns. Lets make it 9 litres, cuz it was burning already 2 days I make 55 litres.....So I thought it would be 55 litres total.................I'll check my book.java script:emoticon(':D', 'smid_2')

I drove 140 kmh all the way to Paris and back (in 5th gear and with tha cruise control on....Sweeeeeet java script:emoticon(':drool:', 'smid_10')

Ow......I remember something.....

Long time ago with my 626 I once drove on the highway and ran OUT OF FUEL.

I pressed the clutch till I stopped and then I heard my engine starting again and my fuelmeter rised 1/4 up again!!!! I didn't knew 626's have a reserve tank.....or was it something else?

Actually even in EU most xedos9 are automatic (with 4 gears). Didnt know that manual cars can have cruise control. I am pretty sure all eunos800/millenia/xedos9 has the same fuel tank. Some special features of the tank contrary to usual are: 1) it is made of plastic (rust free, lighter yet weaker than steel), 2) It is placed inside the chasis (much resistant to damage even in case of a collision). It has a very weird shape and IIRC it has a portion that is useless other than cooling the fuel pump..

I dont do it either. Not because of braking (hell a typical greyhound bus doesnt have 120ft stopping distance) but because of flying stones.

And MC your new avatar looks sexy.

drafting is not recommended.

yeah, you get better gas mileage, but if he stops quick....

:lol: thanks

we have had this discussion about manual vs auto before on gas, and people are stuck in there ways that haven't existed in 20 years.

None the less, in traffic having a manual SUCKS, even in the M it sucks, and don't give me crap about not driving right or something, traffic is traffic.

I haven't done enough driving with the intake yet to get exact numbers, but on the 70 miles or so I have driven since MWM07 on that 1 night it certainly seems to be having some effect

well then your not a very good driver if you don't even know what going on.

its a pain, everyone I have ever known with a straight stick/smg/f1/tiptronic whatever, HATES it in this area, not to mention I always know what gear I'm in, you would be amazed how many people don't pay attention and don't know what gear there actually in, real smart.

shinta does NOT have a 5-spd, he is confused about something posted awhile back, its an auto, and has only 4 spds.

as for speedings, truckers stay mostly to the limit unless its way way out in the country, even then, maybe 10 over at the most, nothing more, I would classify my highway driving to be pretty close to MTS's style, out in front whatever it takes.

gas wise, I have noticed a difference, which considering I don't sit there cruising at 45 in traffic says alot more imo, but the when the light comes on I can only put in about 14 gallons at the max usually.

coming back from MWM07 when I stopped at 3 god damn fucking gas stations who'se sole purpose was a highway rest stop and gas station miles away from anything were closed, when I finally found one, I got 16.8 gallons into the millenia.....not a fun experiance

Do u mean 5 gears?

Ow......I remember something.....

Long time ago with my 626 I once drove on the highway and ran OUT OF FUEL.

I pressed the clutch till I stopped and then I heard my engine starting again and my fuelmeter rised 1/4 up again!!!! I didn't knew 626's have a reserve tank.....or was it something else?

Hi,

to know WHY I had to get rid of the 626, plz read this

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2639303/1

also check page 2 for the latest pics.

My car has everything a automatic has. I didn't took airco, cuz its always cold here.

And having an airco only for heating is waste of money, so I didn't took that option (saved me 1250 euros).

hmmmmm, I remember one thing.

Once I was working on the car and saw in the display written L/100km.

It has a boardcomputer, but don't know how it works. In the book there was written that the car can show how much L/100km the car is using now and also how much km you can drive with the resting fuel on the present economy. BUT, they didin't mention HOW to use this function. anybody knows?

I used to have manual cars (for over 10 years) and I miss it soo much. More power to the wheels and better gearing for acceleration.

I had done so many miles that shifting was completely 2nd nature & totally automatic. Even to the point when I drove an auto my foot would automatically push on the foot rest while my hand was looking for a gear stick to move.

I also found that in 2 of the manual cars I had I could shift much faster than any automatic that I have ever driven or been in - autos always seem to have this lag / slippage between gear shifts compared to the manual boxes in the old Ford + Daihatsu that I had.

On topic, I filled up today and only got about 16.17L/100km or 14.55US mpg or 17.47 UK mpg.

I really need to drive conservatively for a whole tank and see if I get better economy. :(