In Response To Ren

If I were a cop, I'd just tell you to quit being so cheap and buy some damn sunglasses. Reason being, it makes no sense that side windows are tinted darker, whereas the big one that you spend 95% of the time looking through isn't tinted. From a drivers perspective I hate dark tint. How the fuck am I supposed to know what's going on ahead of you if I can't see through your car (assuming I'm behind you)? For this same reason I think large vehicles should be banned from left (passing/speeding) lanes.

If you need to see thru my car to what is ahead, then you are following me too closely and need to back off. :D

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were a cop, I'd just tell you to quit being so cheap and buy some damn sunglasses. Reason being, it makes no sense that side windows are tinted darker, whereas the big one that you spend 95% of the time looking through isn't tinted. From a drivers perspective I hate dark tint. How the fuck am I supposed to know what's going on ahead of you if I can't see through your car (assuming I'm behind you)? For this same reason I think large vehicles should be banned from left (passing/speeding) lanes.

If you need to see thru my car to what is ahead, then you are following me too closely and need to back off. :D

Traffic happens, it's unavoidable (stupid people everywhere). Not to mention motorcycles are small and can't easily be seen. Furthermore, if I see the car ahead of you braking and I'm far back behind you, I can just take my foot off the gas and coast to you rather than being on the gas the whole time and then having to brake once I see that you have.

Sorry MC, but you have no solid arguement here. Why should you have side windows tinted to fuck, when in all respects most people spend very little time looking out of them (women especially-no idea how a gender that looks in mirrors all the time hasn't figured out how to use the ones attached to the doors). And since you don't look out of the side windows (compared to the windshield which isn't allowed to be tinted for what should be obvious reasons) then you shouldn't NEED them tinted for some bullshit sensitive eyes reason. If you do have eyes that are sensitive to light, then you could not drive without sunglasses safely anyway. Finally, dark windows are only good for hitting pedestrians crossing at an intersection at night. Anyone here that says 'you can just roll the window down'...fuck off...you're a fucking retard!!! And by that I actually mean you're a retard, extra chromosome and everything.

And MC, if I'm riding your ass, it's for one of two reasons, the second being you're going too slow in the wrong lane ;)

I'm sadly forced to agree with ren.

I don't think you people understand why tint is illegal. Tint is illegal because it obstucts an officers view of the person, so if your speeding and they go up to the window they can't see if you have a weapon or throwing drugs in the backseat etc, and frankly it makes perfect sense.

why should they make something that puts an officers life in danger legal when you can buy a 10 dollar pair of sunglasses to give BETTER results. And as said, the sun is oncoming, so sunglasses would do 10x more then tinting the side windows.

This is just a ricer myth, no judge in the world would say this, and its not even true.

Well if i tint there will be two reasons:

1. It gets hell hot! And i dont wanna put those reflective shit on the windshield.

2. It looks better.

And i will tint windshield with anti-UV film otherwise there is no reason to tint only the sides..

That cop projector can punch through any kind of tint..

Now CA law is 30% for the fronts any for others. Should i go with 30 in the fronts and darker in the rears or will it look ugly that way? 30 is too light..

Before anyone misunderstands my post, I don't dislike tint. 30-35% is fine, it does help keep the car a little cooler, and helps prevent sun damage to the interior, not to mention it does look better (when all windows are done the same % - otherwise looks hideous). What I hate is when people basically spraypaint their windows black.

And to suppot BHR (sadly), if someone with retarded dark tint gets shot because the cop can't see them, there shouldn't even be an investigation...one less retard on the roads.

When I got my car the front windshield had I think like 20% on it, it was nice at first because it stayed cool inside and I didnt even have to wear glasses but not cool when I got a ticket and I couldnt see at night. I took it off and now Im better off with a pair of polarized Raybans I bought, and now I can see at night.

-Steven

First off, I cannot just buy a pair of sunglasses for $10. I wear prescription sunglasses or I really cannot see. They are tinted as dark as they can get.

Secondly, I wanted 35% as that is legal in WV. Gotta told the installer to put 20% and the morons put 15%.

Though it is not what I wanted, it does look really sweet.

I use both my side view mirrors & look out the windows.

All windows except for the front winshield were tinted.

Traffic happens, it's unavoidable (stupid people everywhere). Not to mention motorcycles are small and can't easily be seen. Furthermore, if I see the car ahead of you braking and I'm far back behind you, I can just take my foot off the gas and coast to you rather than being on the gas the whole time and then having to brake once I see that you have.

Sorry MC, but you have no solid arguement here. Why should you have side windows tinted to fuck, when in all respects most people spend very little time looking out of them (women especially-no idea how a gender that looks in mirrors all the time hasn't figured out how to use the ones attached to the doors). And since you don't look out of the side windows (compared to the windshield which isn't allowed to be tinted for what should be obvious reasons) then you shouldn't NEED them tinted for some bullshit sensitive eyes reason. If you do have eyes that are sensitive to light, then you could not drive without sunglasses safely anyway. Finally, dark windows are only good for hitting pedestrians crossing at an intersection at night. Anyone here that says 'you can just roll the window down'...fuck off...you're a fucking retard!!! And by that I actually mean you're a retard, extra chromosome and everything.

And MC, if I'm riding your ass, it's for one of two reasons, the second being you're going too slow in the wrong lane ;)

:lol:

You can go get prescription glasses that tint when light outside and have this film on it that reduces headlight and sun glare at any prescription eye glass place... BTW

Yes, you can however, they do NOT get dark enough.

And btw Ren, I checked out your theory yesterday on the way to work. You cannot really see thru the rear windshield & front windshield in a car (not tinted & sunlight) from too far a distance. You have to be right up their ass to be able to see thru. At night, it is impossible to see thru at all. So, that theory doesn't wash with me at all. I did this check with several different makes and models of cars.

If there is no tint, it is easy to see through a car... that is how high speed traffic driving is done... look 3 cars ahead to avoid the panic stops... if you cannot see through a car without tint... you need a new prescription.

I drive a manual and in heavy traffic try to leave some space (I don't want to burn up my clutch with stop-go) so I leave it in gear and idle along. But like MTS said, there are douchebags that always pull infront of you if they can get that extra foot ahead. And MC, how can you not see through their cars? I can understand when the oncoming light from say a sunrise blinds you to the point you can barely see through your own windshield, but aside from that...you need practice.