Hope I'm Doing The Right Thing!

Response from seller

"Hallo,

ja habe ich da.Kostet 150.-?uro plus Versand ca:15.-?

Gruss

mazda-master"

150 euro's, rougly 300 dollars for a switch, f-that, I only paid 130AUD for the mirrors, which is more then double whatthe standard ones are here in the U.S. I will confirm it was the switch and not the actual mirror, but he has those listed as 225euro's EACH.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's trying to fool you, verdammte deutsche schweinhund :huh:

I can send a request to my swedish source instead. WTF, I bet a new switch is less.

Cuto, do you know how much a new headlight would cost in Portugal? Just to be able to compare, I reckon second hand should equal half price at the most.

Xedos: I asked my cousin about that headlight , just to compare, Mazda here has no clue, parts are ordered from Japan! Gonna try a local Mazda dealer just to double check. That price from breakeryard made my cousin say : WOW...That cheap???? If he saw some millenia HL on ebay usa he'd have a stroke!

I looked over his ebay store, atleast 1 full xedos being parted out, 250 for each mirror is insane, no switches of any kind though, I would be looking in more of the 25-40EUR range, which is 2-4x more then it would be here in the U.S

I found a master window switch for 8 dollars, actually I found a single retractable mirror for 15EUR, but looked broken.

hell the mazda MSRP is 234 dollars, so why should I pay double for a used part?

Ok guys, i have some basic questions, so instead of creating a new thread i'm dropping the ball here:

1- Since i bought my car i've been noticing a squeaky sound from that appears to come from the brake (more on the drivers side), at first i thought it would be from the disk brakes or brakepads, but this only happens when downhill and when the car is stopping to a halt and when applying the brakes. The steering keeps great and no other simptom is pointing to a bad disc. Some friend with an automatic tranny said to me it was the tranny braking! (but hey..he's a Mercedes owner so i dont really trust him!). I've waited to see if it went away coz the car had been not running for a long time and maybe the brakepads would need settling. Word? Oh...this happens on dry weather and the squeak is not to loud or high pitched.

2- Just checked my ATF level : its ok both on warm and cold engine. BUT the color is light brown (like really light coffee) and there is no smell of burnt oil. As i read in a FSW, the color should be red: is it time to flush and change the ATF?

As you all know the car has 35.000 Km now, but appart from engine oil changes no other service was made by mazda.

What now? Full service inspection? Appart from this the car is beahving like....new!

Cheers

the sound you hear is most likely the pads, rotors may be fine, but around your mileage its time to replace front pads depending on driving, nothing to worry about, just the wear indicators, no tranny braking.

as for the tranny itself, YES, the fluid should be red, infact bright red and never smell burnt, get it changed or you'll regret it, the trannies on the millenia's aren't known for being great, that being said the 2.3 tranny lasts leaps and bounds longer then the crappy 2.5 tranny with only 100-120k on it.

I have had my millenia's tranny fluid changed every 25k, 30-60k is normal for most.

DAMN IT. this trip computer thing is driving me NUTS. whoever has the damn thing, wasn't it you cuto, POST pcitures of the buttons, i need to see them.

i spent about 10 minutes pressing various button combinations in a vain efffort to maybe somehow unlock it.

I think the best course of action would be to ship a US climate unit to one of our computer-enabled xedos members, and see if the damn thing still works, if it doesnt, then we know its disabled at the ECU level.

Does ANYONE have a picture of the thing itself, is the climate thing and the display 2 different units???????? I guess what im wondering are hte brains inside

http://img171.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/7...081img_8743.jpg

THIS thing or the actual display itself???????????

lat, it wouldn't be at the ecu level, I'm 99.4% sure on that for reasons already given, the ecu already has all the data, it just intercepts it.

also, NO, that is not the unit, the climate control...control is seperate, the display is actually its own self contained unit. I promise you you would just need the unit, the only question is wiring.

Cuto - If for any reason you decide to sell or move on, now oryears to come, I call dibs.

lat- you get it out the same way you get the gauges out.

jsut remove the trim piece that hold in the climate, info display and gauges, once off you just unscrew a few screws and unplug harness

IPB Image

oh, and the part number according to source is "146430-9200"

perhaps there is a slightly different number on cuto's

fairly simple, move steering wheel down

there is the dimmer switch and the black cap on the other side, pop both off with a flat head screww driver, disconnect dimmer, then there are 2 screws, I swear there are 2 screws on top, but that might be another car im thinking of, once those are out you pretty much just pull, start on the far left side, but go slow, once out a bit disconnect the security light, or pull the bulb out I don't care.

then just keep going, the display stays put, but I seem to remember the climate controls coming out so just unplug the harnass, you'll see once you get the first part off.

cuto, do you have the tranny cooler? You can see it in front of the AC condenser (which is in front of the radiator). Stock tranny cooler is short yet wide. Xedos posted some pictures.. In any case you can change the fluid (no need to flush IMO), it should be very cheap.

The only difference is xedos display has different labels for the three buttons. Two are 'set' and 'select' IIRC. Adjusting the time is harder, not all 3 are used for it. Steve if you can take better pictures i can give some comments about the differences. I am designing those things all the day... That chip costs less that 25cents, designing a new one with trip computer would cost more unless they sell 100 million units. It might even be a generic controller, not an application specific chip.

Here is the response from denso:

Dear Sir.

Thank you for visiting the DENSO Website and for your message dated June 11, 2008.

Allow us to reply to your request.

We regret to inform you that we cannot provide much information to your question.

Since we are an OEM manufacturer for the car manufacturers, we do not provide services

directly to customers after we delivered our products to the car manufacturer.

Car manufactures and car dealers provide distribution of parts and services.

Therefore, we would appreciate if you try to contact the car manufacturer(Mazda).

We hope they should be able to provide you more advice or information.

Best regards,

You should have asked them first if they made both the US version and the Onboard comp version in the Xedos. I will take better pics as soon as I get my camera's memory stick back.

Anyways we need the Onboard comp pics also to compare. Cuto could you please do this since you seem to be the only one with it. Pretty simple to do.

-Steven

@Saint: yes i have the tranny cooler (that thing under the lower front bumper grill).

@All: the AC buttons here are just the opposite of those in that pic: http://img171.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/users/7...081img_8743.jpg

It's like a mirror image of mine

Here's a little video and pics (sorry for the quality)

Board Computer working:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V00VhO8QzAk

BC explained (besides my crappy accent...i was chewing gum):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTiESnkOr4g

@Xedosman: i have the price for my headlight: 791 Euros!!!!!!! Holly crap! Besides japan doesnt have it in stock!!!!! Helpppppppppppppppppppppp! :torture:

Gonna try and have that part number u guys are asking this weekend: gotta change the ATF.

Sry for the late answers but i read you guys at office and recorded those videos with my cell phone just on my way home.

Pics:

IPB Image

IPB Image

Cuto, no offence but your Mazda dealer really has no clue about getting parts to your Xedos. Next time ask them if they've heard of Mazda EUROPE. Most parts can be ordered from central Europe somewhere. However some parts are not in stock there, like my driver side retract mirror. That came from Japan in the right color. However usual accident or maintenance parts should be availible.

800 Euros for one headlight is insane. I found a used pair for 400 Euros last year. I will dust off that request unless I get a reply from Sweden within early next week. I even took the bother to write the request in decent swedish, they'd better serve me well... I'll phone them if they don't respond at all :glare:

Be patient! If you have a hole in your glass, seal it with transparent tape to avoid dust and dirt entering the internals meanwhile.

Cuto, no offence but your Mazda dealer really has no clue about getting parts to your Xedos. Next time ask them if they've heard of Mazda EUROPE. Most parts can be ordered from central Europe somewhere. However some parts are not in stock there, like my driver side retract mirror. That came from Japan in the right color. However usual accident or maintenance parts should be availible.

800 Euros for one headlight is insane. I found a used pair for 400 Euros last year. I will dust off that request unless I get a reply from Sweden within early next week. I even took the bother to write the request in decent swedish, they'd better serve me well... I'll phone them if they don't respond at all :glare:

Be patient! If you have a hole in your glass, seal it with transparent tape to avoid dust and dirt entering the internals meanwhile.

Xedos: this dealer is the biggest Mazda dealer in Portugal...thats insane. I don't trust them a bit. They didnt know which car i was talking about (Xedos what???????). i'm not trusting them to even change the ATF. Im getting the WS manual printed and getting it to my audi mechanic...gonna use that dexron III u talked about. And...thanks for all the trouble im giving you in partcilular.

cuto - yours is a LHD so its the same as the US and pretty much everywhere except a few who don't play by the rules.

What beam pattern do you have? you could get a US one and not really notice, or as I suggested before, buy a cheap US one, then swap the projector, you would the exact same output, but a sealed housing.

BH: if anything else fails i'll get the one from a millenia (only as last resource?). Also..today i got an offer for the car (could easily make a profit) but im not selling. If i do all you guys will be the 1st to know.

Xedos: man...the dude just did not have a clue wether it was possible or not to order the manual...i didn't mention that because im afraid im being such a big pain in the ass...but if u could get me one....that would be 2 bottles of port and a kiss!