Hope I'm Doing The Right Thing!

Ok guys, detailing is postponed for the next week :( (too many cars in line). However i have some news about fuel consumption: it dropped to 11,4 L/ 100 km in the last 100 km on the same city driving conditions. The only thing that changed was the tyres...mmmmmm. :) . Confirm that grip is ok and confort is TOP with these tyres (not defending michelin..but its a fact). However i had no noise with me bridgestone turanza on the audi aswell, just to cool BH down a bit!

Problems: tried the keyfob test, worked ok...but no horn signaling. The blinkers do their job when opening and closing doors, but other than the sound of the doors locking and opening : zilch! Also pressing the lock button twice does not make the horn sound. Guess im paying the dealer a visit :angry2:

Another thing: the car is in a very good shape, but i've found that it was neglected and forgotten in some ways. I have no trunk ligh and that area is simply "underessed". I am a bit worried bout getting what's missing, will it be hard to find/order (Xedosman ur my resource here in Europe...helppppppppppppp!)!

Last: was thinking about changing my rims along with the new set of tyres. Big mistake, said the owner of the tyre shop! He picked up the xedos rim and just said to me: " man..these are a beauty, very light, very well made, no aftermarket rim can beat this quality, plz don't trade them". I started to love my rims immediately!

The rims are very dirty (mainly brakepad dust "corrosion" and i just picked up a parcel wit some detailing products : among them Einszett Wheel Cleaner (the non acid USA version).

Some pics of the "problems":

Rim looking ugly

IPB Image

Original Keyfob

IPB Image

Trunk :( :(

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

City driving : drop in 1L per 100/km

IPB Image

...in the last 133 km

Energy saver?

IPB Image

IPB Image

MMmmm.. WTF is that in my trunk? Ronaldo wants to leave Man Utd and pack it to Real Madrid? That lad is ungrateful!

IPB Image

Ok...thats it for now: need some .....helppppppppppppppppp! :sigh:

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Latino:

Ur so bossy i'll probably wanna trade my wife for you!

Here they are:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

P.S. to me earlier post:

Forgot to mention that the system does not rearm itself in 30 secs (waited like 3 minutes) upon unlocking the door with the remote and not opening any door. Another problem guys?

Don't you ever think about trading your wife for Lat, BAD idea :o

Your trunk seems familiar, but your light cover seems to be missing. I believe I can see the light there without the cover. I'll take a pic of my light.

Your tire supplier is correct, they are classy lightweight wheels but too small to give the right stance. I just got hold of some Borbet CC7x16" rims and put Nokian 205/60 tires on them, looks good in my opinion. But way heavier for sure.

Don't you ever think about trading your wife for Lat, BAD idea :o

Your trunk seems familiar, but your light cover seems to be missing. I believe I can see the light there without the cover. I'll take a pic of my light.

Your tire supplier is correct, they are classy lightweight wheels but too small to give the right stance. I just got hold of some Borbet CC7x16" rims and put Nokian 205/60 tires on them, looks good in my opinion. But way heavier for sure.

No lamp at all just the metal connector where it is supossed to be - shoot me but i thought the trunk had no light at all :torture: , however checking my german manual in the lamp section , there it was a perfect picture of whats missing : lamp and cover!

Ok, I guess you'll be able to order a new lamp then, or possibly trace a used one, there has been some partouts lately on MW.org ;)

Or find something aftermarket that fits...

This is how you check if your factory alarm is working: Sit inside the car with the doors closed, use the remote to lock the car and then open a door from the inside. That sets off the alarm. The horn honks in intervals and the hazard light goes on. You won't miss noticing it ;)

Don't you have an english owners manual? I ordered one from a norwegian dealer, and it was cheap too; like 25 Euro. It looks like a cheap copy but everthing is there. I can provide a partnumber for it I guess, let me know if you need it.

Thanks Xedosman.

And yes...my owner's manual is crap. As the car was never intended for the portuguese market (mazda sold it on a order only basis) there is no portuguese manual, mine is in german! Unglaublich! So it might as well be in chinese to me! I have managed to download the millenia 2000 manual and the service manual for the xedos 9 . I would be more than gratefull if you could point me to where you bought yours, provided it is in english. :)

As for the alarm...it works ok. The horn sounds and the blinbers do blink. It's that part of locking itself if none of the doors are opened in 30 secs and the horn confirmation on double tapping the remote that do not work (but then...i only readabout those functions on the millenia).

....that is perhaps the only picture of the millenia's full information center in use, very very rare...I must have one.

also, the tyre shop is correct, the factory wheels are very well made, strong and light, a good cleaning is all I would recommend

next, the key fob you have, thats a funky looking remote, here in the states and elsewhere in the world you have 4 buttons

panic, lock, unlock, and trunk opener, perhaps you have a different syustem that doesn't have the re-arm

How do I aqquire the climate control center and eletronically retractable mirrors

....that is perhaps the only picture of the millenia's full information center in use, very very rare...I must have one.

also, the tyre shop is correct, the factory wheels are very well made, strong and light, a good cleaning is all I would recommend

next, the key fob you have, thats a funky looking remote, here in the states and elsewhere in the world you have 4 buttons

panic, lock, unlock, and trunk opener, perhaps you have a different syustem that doesn't have the re-arm

How do I aqquire the climate control center and eletronically retractable mirrors

Mmmmm...what do you mean by rare? Doenst every Xedos/millenia have the board computer????

The keyfob is in fact different then what i have seen on the net (ebay). But the design is the same as the pictures in my owners manual.

As for your last question: wanna buy mine? (nooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy) :)

cuto -

we have probably been searching on and off for years of pictures of factory 5-speeds and the information cluster, along with the factory navigation, best guesses are that less then 1000 of each option are on the road, as little as 200 some say of the 5-speed.

Here in the states we have the exact same information center, if you shine a flashlight you see all the functions are there, but there is no way to access them, the ONLY thing our's does is show the time and or temp.

It also only has 2 buttons, hour and minute, yours is what we all seek to have (or some way to make ours work)

I'm currently searching for xedos9 95-96 electronical retractable side mirrors, as well as an xedos9 information center. If your interested I'll trade you for an american unit + cash.

oh and btw, for your trunk you don't need the light cover, it just justs knocked off, all you need to do is put a bulb into the bulb slot and it will work just fine (size 194)

pps. - On your information display is there a way to display your current speed?

cuto -

we have probably been searching on and off for years of pictures of factory 5-speeds and the information cluster, along with the factory navigation, best guesses are that less then 1000 of each option are on the road, as little as 200 some say of the 5-speed.

Here in the states we have the exact same information center, if you shine a flashlight you see all the functions are there, but there is no way to access them, the ONLY thing our's does is show the time and or temp.

It also only has 2 buttons, hour and minute, yours is what we all seek to have (or some way to make ours work)

I'm currently searching for xedos9 95-96 electronical retractable side mirrors, as well as an xedos9 information center. If your interested I'll trade you for an american unit + cash.

oh and btw, for your trunk you don't need the light cover, it just justs knocked off, all you need to do is put a bulb into the bulb slot and it will work just fine (size 194)

pps. - On your information display is there a way to display your current speed?

BHR: did not know that. The board computer only shows what you see: Avg. Cons.; Instant Cons.; kms till empty. other than that it displays the hour and on the left the Temps. and Ac modes.

:lol: Oh well, I'm not gonna take away your dreams ;)

Cuto, the manual is:

Form no. 8N17-EE98H

Copyright 1988 Mazda Motor Corportion

Printed in Japan 98-08

I'm sure your dealer can get it for you, if not I could always order one and ship you.

Saint, I'm sorry but my Xedos does not have a trip computer, it is listed as an option in my manual though. I guess cutos car is loaded. It is my impression that the trip computers are more common in older cars; pre downgrading.

:lol: Oh well, I'm not gonna take away your dreams ;)

Cuto, the manual is:

Form no. 8N17-EE98H

Copyright 1988 Mazda Motor Corportion

Printed in Japan 98-08

I'm sure your dealer can get it for you, if not I could always order one and ship you.

Saint, I'm sorry but my Xedos does not have a trip computer, it is listed as an option in my manual though. I guess cutos car is loaded. It is my impression that the trip computers are more common in older cars; pre downgrading.

Thanks again Xedos! Im gonna try and order that manual and the lamp cover ASAP.

Im loving my Xedos more and more! Not a bad deal...sold my Audi for bout 18.000 Euros...meaning i have the Xedos and 10.000 Euros left for gas! Hit it!

There have been reports that it will show the speed your traveling as well as other features, I swear I remember seeing "mph" in it somewhere, which to me says it would work with our ecu's, its just a matter of it not being activated. its not like you would have to install new sensors of something.

xedos - does yours have the same buttons, or does it have hour and minute like the U.S ones??

Also, in the various manuals you've gatehred, is there anyway you might have the factory part number for 95-06 retractable mirrors or the information center?

I checked with mazda here and they want 954 for the U.S version....

There have been reports that it will show the speed your traveling as well as other features, I swear I remember seeing "mph" in it somewhere, which to me says it would work with our ecu's, its just a matter of it not being activated. its not like you would have to install new sensors of something.

xedos - does yours have the same buttons, or does it have hour and minute like the U.S ones??

Also, in the various manuals you've gatehred, is there anyway you might have the factory part number for 95-06 retractable mirrors or the information center?

us version of what? Brothers 00 2.5 has trip computer. I bet there is a way to change it to miles, just like changing temperature between C and F.

I would love to have a trip computer.

The U.S, or I guess rather "all but xedos version" of the display system, I'm willing to bet it just plugs right in and you simply scroll through the menu with the select button, which ours lacks.

Still there are differences, when I had my 00 tail lights they worked as all do, when I sent them to trout they functioned the same way I believe, where as before only the outers or inners would be on, something in the wiring.

I have also been searching for a "miller-cycle engine" tach, no luck so far

Not sure, the only way to really do it would be to get your hands on 1, plug it in and go.

all the information it needs the ecu gathers, it would just tap into it, not need new sensors, From a programming and function stand point I'm 95% sure it would work, from a harnass connection or some jackass trying to keep the 2 from being interchanged I'm 70% sure.

They should have cut some cost by not putting it. Since the data is ready in ECU and they could not cut any cost in software, the only things to save that comes to my mind are some lenght of wire and a 0.01 cent button.

BHR, I have the same buttons as you have. Since the trip computer was listed as an option, I would guess it is plug and play at least on the Xedos. I believe the functions are: Average consumption, current consumption and milage on remaining fuel, the usual stuff.

I have no access to mirror part numbers, sorry.

they may not save money, but it makes it different, plus the cluster with the extra functions could be totally different inside and they just used the same display screen?

xedos :shifty: I believe I have secured a set of electric mirrors from a 96 :shifty:

however if there is anyway you could find the master window switch with the retract button I would be very inclined to sweetin the deal for your time and effort.