Hope I'm Doing The Right Thing!

a full gallon family container, plus full reimbursement for any postage and or parts naturally.

mirrors will be arriving...umm I dunno, most likely will be shipped to another member then reshipped :shifty:

now i'll just need te switch...and get them repainted, I had to settle for some weird green color, I believe it was only on the xedos and eunos versions.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know which shade, never seen it on a Xedos here though. A friend has a 323 (Protege) with that shade though. It looks more like a very dark blue or even black untill it is hit by sunlight, then you can see its green.

BHR, I actually found a 96 being parted out here in Norway, do you want me to try and get hold of the driverside doorswitch cluster if it has a retract button?

One gallon of maple syrup? Crazy americans :lol:

I know which shade, never seen it on a Xedos here though. A friend has a 323 (Protege) with that shade though. It looks more like a very dark blue or even black untill it is hit by sunlight, then you can see its green.

BHR, I actually found a 96 being parted out here in Norway, do you want me to try and get hold of the driverside doorswitch cluster if it has a retract button?

One gallon of maple syrup? Crazy americans :lol:

I asked for the price of mirrors, button and cluster for my car. They were not listed at a local dealer! They were gonna mail a UK suplier...Still dont have the price or availability of my trunk light cover also....

Will keep you posted.

hmm, xedos - on the xedos9 if it doesn't have the retractable mirrors does it still have the button and it does nothing, or does it simply have the covering like we do here?

Here are the mirrors

IPB Image

Trip computer would be most excellent if its the one like cuto's, I would be quite interested in that.

MTS - would you be interested in a complete set of Eunos 800 headlights? excellent condition, they would be coming off the same car as my MCE gauges I have secured.

IPB Image

Xedos: plz check if the trunk light cover is available...also just found out that my right headlamp (drivers side) is cracked. Will get you a special port wine bottle (dont have maple syrup here).

from a weight stand point yes, however it would require repainting, so I would have non-factory paint, which as we all know is never up to spec, I'm already ratehr upset about having to paint the mirrors, but its smaller and I had to take what I could get for something so rare.

I must admit, I will be hella fucking furious if they are infact not electrical as the seller confirmed 3 times, he even said there was a button in the cabin....

A CF hood that was truely factory match painting would be something I would consider, but none of that ricey bullshit with hood vents, scoops, rice pry pans etc, perfect oem mold so that noone knows.

Cuto, I'll see what I can do about your trunklight cover. You have the bulb holder, right? It is the same bulb as the front markers and rear numberplate lights. I appreciate your offer of a bottle of port, but that wouldn't be necessary :)

Your driverside headlight is cracked? That is the left one in my book, facing forward ;) Do you want me to ask for you from the 96 here? They are the same as on your 2000. The german source I made a thread about wanted 200 Euro for each lamp last year.

BHR, there is a blindplug on those not equipped with electrical retract. If your source has the retract mirrors, he should have the switch as well, it should be possible to swap individually I guess, even from a RHD Eunos. I'm afraid you will experience wiring issues but don't let me spoil your fun.

As I pointed out before, Eunos headlights will not fit a Millenia or Xedos due to being RHD.

If anyone are interested, I could also ask if it has a trip computer cluster. BHR?

I brought it up, its mine you little asshole!!!!

xedos - :hmm: After some more research into the matter it seems there are 2 different versions, the 95-96/7? had 2 switchs, one for the windows and doors, anotehr for the mirrors, retract and movement, they were simply put together or connected somehow.

on the later years 97/98?-02 it seems to have been put all into a single unit, mine is infact a single unit.

I just put it back in the carcapsule and won't take it out to remove the door panel and check, BUT I seem to remember only a single connection from the switches to the main wiring, which means the wiring for the mirror adjustment is intregrated into the harnass and I would assume given open slots so is the retract function.

I might get lucky and in 99-00ish they made a standard wiring harnass, or I may have to figure out some way or splicing it in.

Or as usually I'll have no luck at all, the mirrors might not retract, the wiring won't fit, I won't get a switch and I'll have to see where it goes from there, at the very least I'll still have 95-96 style mirrors.

Cuto, I'll see what I can do about your trunklight cover. You have the bulb holder, right? It is the same bulb as the front markers and rear numberplate lights. I appreciate your offer of a bottle of port, but that wouldn't be necessary :)

Your driverside headlight is cracked? That is the left one in my book, facing forward ;) Do you want me to ask for you from the 96 here? They are the same as on your 2000. The german source I made a thread about wanted 200 Euro for each lamp last year.

BHR, there is a blindplug on those not equipped with electrical retract. If your source has the retract mirrors, he should have the switch as well, it should be possible to swap individually I guess, even from a RHD Eunos. I'm afraid you will experience wiring issues but don't let me spoil your fun.

As I pointed out before, Eunos headlights will not fit a Millenia or Xedos due to being RHD.

If anyone are interested, I could also ask if it has a trip computer cluster. BHR?

@Xedos: yes my friend, it is the left headlight (craked by a rock, even has a needle size holeon it) and would be in your debt (apart from the obvious payments) if you could find me one. On ebay USA i found some for the millenia but, like BHR pointed, surfaces are not the same. As for the trunk light i have everything but the cover. Followed BHR advice and bought a bulb for 1 Euro..i have light now. Still interested in the cover if available (port wine is on me...i have like 20 bottles of vintage port and guess what...i drink 1 every 2 years ).

Today i am happy coz i just arrived from a 120 mile Highway ride: fuel consumption was 7,4 l/ 100!!! Average speed 90 to 100 Km per hour(never bellow 90 or above 120...mmmmmmmim lying: a 320 D beemer was on my back when i was passing some guy at 120, had to show him that this car has some juice....so...for a mile or so it was fun to see him trying to catch me and getting smaller in the rearview mirror- no chance!). That felt good! Almost 400 Km done with a full tank and the board computer says i have still 220 Km left. Our cars love freedom!

I found out that my alarm system is aftermarket, but is working ok. Can't find my obd port , but since the car has a fuel cut off button under the steering wheel...maybe someone moved it to the passengers side. I used to be a Vag-com master with my audi, so i cant wait to put a elm interface on my sexy car. Another thing is puzzling me: i can't find the tranny stalk so i can check that oil (to see its color).

Anyway: sorry if im turning this thread on a Board diary! It´s just that i can't help sharing this new passion with all of you.

@Saint: that pic matches exactly what i have in my car.

Tranny dipstick is on the driver side inthe middle of the engine. It is red, and pretty easy to see. 7.4L/100km or 31.8 mpg is pretty good. I top it off yesterday and the usage since last fillup was 18mpg (13L/100km). I am making a lot of city drive thats why it gets pretty bad. What is the fuel cutoff thingy?