Has This Been Discussed?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since 2002 a booming Mazda has done without a hero saloon. An archetypal staple of so many Japanese brands, a large luxury sedan has been successful in both Japan and overseas markets. Lexus, in the late nineteys proved that Asian brands and their reputations can be valued and celebrated. More recently, surprisingly expensive cars from Nissan, Subaru, Toyota and even Hyundai have been hits, offering a great deal of value in a price bracket that represents questionable asking prices for some of Germany’s finest.

Mazda, perhaps the top Asian marque from the last five years will surely look to expand as that appears the trend to find market share. Both Mercedes-Benz and Volkswagen have built successful empires off constantly expanding lineups. As a bread-and-butter model, a new 929 (9, as it would be known under the current naming scheme) is a requisite in the US market and would likely be financially viable overseas where Mazda is booming.

The recently unveiled North American model Mazda 6 is evidence that size is a priority and that larger Mazdas are once again on the radar. The supplied image takes a glance at a large Mazda applying the Nagare (”flow) styling. The main feature is a sliced glasshouse that meets the tailgate seamlessly, echoing the shape of a classic coupe and offering maximum space.

IPB Image

:hmm: I kinda like it.......but does it look too much like a blue prius?

....this is truly indeed a sad sad day.

first off, the rumors of a new millenia/mazda 9 have been floating around since atleast late 2002 and have bee discussed, generally there were creditable rumors of a mazda9 being put together, but no millenia

I guess now we see its true, and I'm quite glad it does not carry the name

I'm extremely disappointed with this model, it is really hella fucking ugly, the new 6 was ok, then they had to go and change it to make it crappy, but this is unexcuseable, with those front inlets it looks like factory rice, 20" rims are always ghetto and it just lok quite ugly

infact you know what, I'm 90% sure all they did was take fx rims, half of an audi a8, and the front end of the toyota chink coupe thing and put it together

If you find pictures of those 3 cars and put them together you'll have that car, someone at mazda needs to be bitch slaped" flow design" stop being a dirty fucking hippy and get back to original designing, almost every car they've ever built (except the 5) has more style, class, and styling flow then that piece of shit.

While performance would not change my mind, it may atleast make it worthly of being on a showroom floor, but it better half 265hp or more.

I found no rearend pic in the link. From the actual angle it possibly has some recemblance to the Citroen C6 rearend . In my opinion a large sedan should look like a... sedan, not some Lexus- like quasi hatchback.

The front is downright ugly. End of story. How could they add on those Bad Taste Party air inlets in each side? Looks like som german aftermarket crap, I agree with BHR. This is a Scorpio contender. I've also decided upon the front fender/ hood design. It may be cool on a RX 8, but not on the Mazda 6 or CX 7 or whatever. I prefer the original Mazda 6 by far for looks part from the ugly Lexus style chrome rear lights here in Europe.

the jag xf is also a horrible disgrace. I LOVED the concept, I LOVED what they told was going to be the production model, I was fully planning on buying it, then it came out and itwent from a badass car to a whimp mobile

instead of aggressive front end they put bubble lights in and changed the hood, made the grill wider and taller with smaller inlet, doors had the curve raised, such small tweaks and made it look like shit

Rendered Speculation: 2010 Mazda9

The Mazda 929 from the '90s was a rear-wheel-drive technological marvel that was ultimately unsuccessful because of its hefty price tag and Americans' infatuation with the SUV. Times have changed and big cars are cool again, with just about everybody on the market offering a large sedan. Mazda, however, is an obvious exception. The artists over at CGI Automotive decided to render out a future Mazda9 just for fun, and while it looks a bit awkward, the overall idea is pretty solid. Out front, the blue rendering holds true to the design of the upcoming Mazda6, but Audi-like jewelry has been added to the headlamps and the lower air dams look aggressive and sporty. The bulging wheel arches borrow from the Mazda6 and RX-8, and the roof-line is tapered to give it the four-door coupe look. The one thing that would have to change is the hatchback, which might be OK on smaller Mazdas, but is unattractive for a large flagship sedan. Would we like to see a Mazda9 flagship sedan? Hell yes, the more Zoom Zoom the better. But it would have to be more distinctive and less hatch-like, or it'd suffer the same fate as the 929 of years gone

IPB Image

Most likely a rendering of this....

IPB Image

IPB Image

Possible RX-7 of the future?

IPB Image

RX-9?? based on Furai design...

IPB ImageIPB Image

A more relevant image of possible RX-9 concept

IPB Image

MPV Concept :sick:

IPB Image

Possible MPS lineup....

IPB ImageIPB Image

:hmm: Mazda6 Coupe and Cabrio

IPB Image

Mazda2 Extreme (leave it ot the Aussies :rollin: )

IPB Image

Mazdaspeed Demio... :lol:

IPB ImageIPB Image

Mazda6

IPB Image

2018 Mazda3...

IPB ImageIPB Image