• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A red ME

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...&cardist=16

tu-tone

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...0&cardist=3

You have a very very low budget for a millenia, Are you not getting anything from insurance? they should give you like 7-8 for yours, I highly recommend expanding your search, I'v gone as far as 300 miles to find the car I want. Your other option would be putting 4k down and financing the rest, say 6-7k, not much by any means especially over say 3 years.

4800, clearly owned by a ghetto rat, but its an S with low mileage

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=u...0&cardist=8

BHR the red one is the one with smoke coming out of the engine and a nasty misfire

The second one is the one that blew a puff of white smoke after about 15 seconds of cranking and then had its TCS light on

The third one is the one we have been talking about most of the time, that we had agreed had messed up vac lines but its sold.

I know its a very low budget but its not mine. Im already pushing it by saying I want another milly, my parents even went as low as to search for honda civics. So find a milly for $4K I will.

I'm extremely displeased with insurance on the millenia, I'v actually paid almost more into it then it cost brand new, I could have simply put the money into an account and be earning enough interest to cover what a deductible would be, and have the cash on had to fix if needed.

even if my millenia became totalled, its still lose lose to have insurance, I would have paid in say 35k for a 32k car, and in the worst case I would only get 8?

exactly, you wouldn't lose any money, or atleast be able to get what you paid back instead of less and less each year.

The ONLY, and I do mean the ONLY case where insurance is helpful is if the other person has severe medical problems, which account for less then 3% of all accidents, 97% of insurance claims are fender benders under 2500 dollars...atleast in the US

all the more reason to have insurance in your case.

times do suck sweaty donkey ass, MWM08 alone cost me about 780 dollars out of pocket since so many people backed out. I pay all my bills, just don't have money for extra toys, but I have a plan laid out, and by new years I should have my last CC paid off.

but if you don't have a job, then do you really need another car right this instant?

why can't you wait it out to see what else comes on the market

8k is still low, ones I'm looking at are 10-12k, with more miles then id like.

IMO if you don't have a job then the very last thing in the world you should be doing is going out on the weekends, more so if your not paying insurance.

sit at home and do nothing, do to a chair and power down, save the cash.

Honestly Don its just it gets kinda boring to have the same car again and after driving several S's and really noticing the difference it almost makes it feel like a completely different car alltogether and I like that about it. BHR not all of us have or had as much disposable income as you, im an 18 year old Autmotive student with no job, and yes I do have mommy and daddy paying for most of my crap. And besides that im not just going to stop having friends and not go out with them cause I want to save money on a car cause when I finally buy that car I wanted where am I going to go?

When I was 18 years old I was making 53k a year, running an entire sales office and going to school part time.

Disposable is spending an average of 5-10k in mods per car, and several cars. Who is paying for the other guys truck? insurance? why should you pay a bunch of money just to fix some jackasses truck

If thats your budget then Im telling you to expand your search, so what if you have to go 150 or 200 miles, have a friend and make it a road trip, buy them a tank of gas