The Milly Is Totaled...

SteveSter

well thats what i mean, not to do it for free of course.

that knocking does indeed sound like its coming from the middle, its the damn bearings making that kikickickclackkicklackickcilack sound caused by deadly incorrect vaccum lines, i suggest you contact mts who may be able to guide you as he did me last year

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If its more of a noise than a feeling than I would say that Lat is probably right on a vacuum line. A bad misfire from a coil is more of a horrible thumping that you can feel, the s/c makes a sputtering sound, and you feel like you can't even pull away from a stop. Not something you ever want to see your millenia go through :( .

no, misfire would throw a code, a flashing cel would be a tranny thing, usually withthe tcs light on as well.

No, a flashing CEL indicates a misfire that is severe enough to damage the cat converters, flashing hold is transmission. I had a misfire that wouldn't throw a code because it was very intermittent and did not last long enough to trigger the code.

And Steve I can see where your coming from by not buying the car, I would consider buying it as a second car to fix, but not as a primary car. You don't want to be stuck with a problem. Plus the whole s/c thing sounds questionable whether it was a good replacement and good install.

Well if I find another S and its good ill buy it, and then go back to this guy and offer to fix it at $60/hour. And with the money from that, I would get a Chi-town intake, if hes still making them and do some preventative maintenance.

IF I dont find another decent S ill go to this guy and tell him to let me try to fix it for free and if I fix it he has to honor my offer of $3950 and sell it to me.

Sounds fair to me.

Florida sun needs 5% tints, if they made a 10% or 15% I would do that but I dont think they do. I ride with my windows down alot anyways. I cant get an S.

BTW since Im going to have 2 window control modules I was wondering if I can make one module that has both front windows on automatic so I just have to press them once and both continue to go down? Possible?

I have 15% tint :shifty:

I am very sorry to hear about your milly kiddo.

I too know of the safety of a milly in a wreck. My son flipped mine/his and totalled her. :cry:

Both him and his girl walked away without a scratch.

Let me guess, there was a disconnected vac line and they thought s/c was bad, and bought one off ebay, prolly with higher mileage. Without a doubt they didnt connect the vac lines correct. As Lat said wrong vac lines causing s/c to make horrible sounds. And here we are.

Steve read the damn codes..

the CEL would be flashing if there was a misfire. The SC noise to me sounds like...

Like you're going to say the word "kick" but stop where you can feel the back of your throat tightened up to make hte "K" sound, and let little bits of air go through so it sound like your saying "ki" "ki" "ki" over again, thats what it sounds like to me

I think the situation would be different if it was a rebuild from PSE with the paperwork and stuff, but an ebay s/c is a risk. Although, if I end up running into trouble with mine I would have to go through 8 ebay superchagers at 200 a piece to make up the cost of a rebuild, so I would probably go that route. If he would hire you to fix it though, you could make out well since you could find the problem and fix it much easier than someone who doesn't know the car. And maybe you would get some money off in the end.

Ok guys Ive had looked all morning at 3 different S's one blew the nastiest smelling puff of smoke when it finally started, another had a nasty burning smell and had smoke coming from the engine and has the CEL blinking cause of a misfire and another the guy wanted $8K. This is turning out to be more complicated than I thought.

The question NOW is should I go back to the original 99 S and just buy it and trust you guys in saying that that knocking sound it only caused by the misrouted vac lines?