The Milly Is Totaled...

SteveSter

Hey guys,

Well not a good night, Im pretty sure my Milly is totaled.

To explain: I was stopped at a 4 way stop as I accelerated to make a left a guy in a ford explorer came around a curve took the stop sign and hit my left side really badly. The side airbag on my side popped and hurt me more than anything. I got out, the guy got out with a metal bar and threatened to "whoop my ass" and kill me, lol I would have liked to see him try especially with all that adrenaline I had, but some guy stopped and held him back while I calmed down. Cops got there in less than 2 minutes and arrested him for aggravated assault. I got checked out by rescue and they said I was bruised and burn by the airbag. The stupid pig gave me a ticket for making a left when it was a right turn only and said it was my fault even thought he guy took the stop sign, so my insurance will go up cause of that dumbfuck. I got towed home and am really feeling bruised now.

Ill get pics up later, I dont know what im gonna do for a car now since I only had PIP insurance but ill figure that out later. If my parents decide not to try to fix it which I think thats what theyll do ill probly end up parting it out.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i got just PIP insurance cause I dont think full coverage is worth it on a car with such a low value and it always made me more cautious. I saw it but still should be his fault for taking a stop sign at 50 mph. Maybe a new milly is next?? MCE possibly? Dont know yet still debating my options and wondering how my parents will take this in the morning.

Thanks guys, I just woke up and feel like total and complete shit, I never knew these things hurt so damn much besides the fact It sucks seeing the milly that I have tried to take care of so well all messed up.

And Lat even if I had full coverage they would consider it totaled and given me a small check for the amount. Im hoping if I could find a 2.5 with like a blown engine but in good condition and just swap engines.

well yes, thats the whole point, you get ACV of your car instead of "whoops so sorry, call us when you get your new car"

and i must admit i am eager to see the photos, while i would never wish it on anyone and hate to see ruined millenia, it is reaffirming to see how well they protect there passengers, and i can speak from experience

even if he ran the stop sign, you turned the wrong way and didn't look, if I saw some speeding idiot I would have stopped, the cop probably thought he took out the stop sign trying to avoid you.

it looks bad, but I'v seen worse, something like this happened to 97millenia and they fixed it, but I guess it all depends

Prices on millenia's are dropping, you should get an 01-02 S

The guy didnt swerve or even slam on the brakes when he saw me he just kept going. I couldnt see him on my left cause I was stopped on a curve and when I looked left I couldnt see him but when I accelerated he came around that curve and slammed into me. But what I did was illegal so it automatically makes it my fault.

I would like an S but believe it or not I would like a 00 and put my rear lights on it just like you with 95-96 headlights. Still not sure yet this whole situation is upto my parents.

Gosh sorry to hear about the accident. Yes, millenia's are very sturdy. My mom's friend had a black and grey 2002 just like mine, except with the grey on the bottom, she totaled it and her airbags came out, and it broke her left arm, but she walked away from it. When I told her that I got a millenia, she said that it was a good choice, because they are so safe and sturdy. Glad you're okay though.

Gosh sorry to hear about the accident. Yes, millenia's are very sturdy. My mom's friend had a black and grey 2002 just like mine, except with the grey on the bottom, she totaled it and her airbags came out, and it broke her left arm, but she walked away from it. When I told her that I got a millenia, she said that it was a good choice, because they are so safe and sturdy. Glad you're okay though.

I am always worried about airbag accidents. I assume she broke her arm because of wrong driving posture.

bah, other then some whiplash airbags are fine unless you have no bone mass to begin with.

Of all the people that have been in accidents in a millenia, however serious noone ever seems to have been hurt, JK messed up his knee pretty bad, but the car flipped and slammed into a tree or telephone pole on the drivers side

And thats what a ford explorer going at around 40mph does to a milly, not bad at all im grateful Mazda made such a good car, but saddened at the situation, it doesnt look like another milly is next but I promise another milly will come someday soon. I will wait and find the rarest of them all a 02 SE.

such a good choice the SE. Had I known there was an SE I would have sought after one. The millenia truly is a splendid vehicle