The Milly Is Totaled...

SteveSter

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well then its settled, if he accepts my offer of $3800 out the door, I will take it. Hes also going to give me 3 month warranty on it so not too bad.

Now, I noticed some of the bulbs on the spoiler were out, how are those replaced?

Spoiler? Then consider the cost of removing and repainting :D

Bargain for that TCS light. CEL should be on right? If you can, read the code, prolly an easy fix for us, but not for them..

Sounds like he has changed the S/C (or had it out) and fucked up the routing of the vac hoses. If that is all it is.... play it. Get him to lower the price based on the "performance" of the car... and then spend a couple hours redoing ALL of the vacuum hoses and Ts.

I dont mind the spoiler, but that is a Millenia spoiler, right? And cant I just buy that LED strip from the dealer to replace it?

Yes the CEL light is on, I wish I had a code scanner though. If I get the car I will take it home and if there is oil in the S/C or in the I/C im driving that thing right back to where it came from. I CANNOT deal with any expensive reapirs right now.

Wait, so im getting different opinions on this white smoke, MTS said its just steam while, jdubbs is telling me its burning coolant. The smoke didnt smell like anything either only lasted a few seconds and wasnt thick smoke. Which one is it?

Thanks again guys I would be buying this car blind if not for you guys. I should still drive another Milly S to compare.

Hopefully this guy really did replace the S/C and he did mess up the VAC lines simple fix and Im gettting a 58K Milly for $3800. Not bad really I almost feel sorry for the guy. Nah... Lol

damn this is taking off.

Ok, first off, if you want to see what the OEM millenia spoiler is just go to my cardomain (link in sig) its OEM from the factory and completes the lines. There are some replica spoilers out there that sit almost right on the deck lid and don't match the lines, I think these were the factory style in 95-96, but no other years.

I would be damn suprised if the car had any problems, the S/C would nopt be replaced at that low mileage, cats would throw a code and you would be done a bit on power...or crack your headers like mts did.

Like people have been saying, the smell and smoke a bad s/c makes leaves no room for debate, you'll start the car and instantly know something is wrong. A bit of smoke on a humid day, contray to what lat worries about is fine.

....It sounds like an after market replica, my spoiler has LED's in it, all should work or none. On mine atleast there are what looks like 2 screws holding the light unit in place, so you should be able to take the whole thing out and check.

I strongly recommend going with the S, especially at that mileage, I mean its more then my car has on it, but not by much

Always, Always check the s/c port on a S before buying. takes five min, can save you 3 g's. 4 bolts under the engine cover, cant miss it.

on a side note, i havent been around for awhile because i have been dealing with some issues of my own, see new thread for more ranting.....

Glad you caught the milly bug stevester, once i totaled my first one i just couldnt see myself in any other vehicle. You should see the anxiety attacks i have when given a domestic rental car.

Ok guys bad news for now, I went 4g's in my hand to buy the car when I went to test drive it has a horrible knocking sound coming from the supercharger that would go away when reved. Sounded really bad this time, it also would idle correctly and kept going up and down. I told the guy sorry and walked away. You guys think I did the right thing? If you heard the knock you I think most of you would also walk away.

It does turn out though that he just replace the S/C with an Ebay one and hired a crap mechanic to put it on. So that Milly is a no go. Im going to be looking at a 00 S ME tomm with 120K the link is in this thread somewhere. Hopefully that one turns out well. Honestly Im going to look at as many S's as possible before I resort to going back to a 2.5.

I am sorry that it didn't work out for you. It could be a minor fix, it actually sounds like a misfire from a bad coil, but you did the right thing to say no, you don't want to get stuck with a big expensive problem. You would have had to diagnose and fix the tcs and the knocking before you could even drive too much. It would be a great second millenia for someone to fix up though.

A bit of smoke on a humid day, contray to what lat worries about is fine.

HAHA. you would worry too if it were yours ;)

and what exactly kind of knock, if youre talking about a rattling that sounds like a bearing is being kicked around, kickickcickick...kckcickcickickcik like that and it goes away when revving but you can still hear a lumpiness, it means they didnt get the damn vaccum lines right and should not be driven until fixed immediately

I agree it could be a minor fix, but I wouldn't trust the car from a shitty gs station mechanic putting in something as complex and time consuming as a a MCE supercharger, and even if he bought it off ebay, 75% of the time that doesn't mean new, it just means taken out of a more or less running millenia.

It could be a coil, it could be a vacuum line, if you knew exactly what the problem was I would tell him its something serious and the s/c is bad and you want 1k off.

:'(

I have an overwhelming guilt when I see millenia for sale, go and visit them and then see they have terrible problems like that

it weighs on my consience that it may be condemned to the junkyard for a problem I could have helped... or that some dumb whore will drive it around until it dies and then leave it sitting under a tree at her boyfirends house to be covered in bird shit, pollen, and sap; and then be taken away by a tow truck being dragged by one of its tow hooks instead of both in the front

no. it does not knock when running regular unleaded. it's just slow, and youve never heard a millenia with serious problems idling or running. i know exactly what that terrible sound sounds like. i am more than sure it is a vaccum line that is not installed correctly. steve, is there any way you could find it in your heart to help him and save that millenia? along with the knocking and TCS, do you hear a high pitched jet engine type whine in the background, like the SC is ultra tired?

You sir are highly incorrect, sadly I have heard many millenia's on there last breathe, though usually its a 2.5 those running regular, anything owned by a ghetto rat.

the question is do I buy a jeep with 200k that just needs a headgasket, cat, serpentine belt, spark plugs, and all fluids changed...500 dollars...

Always, Always check the s/c port on a S before buying. takes five min, can save you 3 g's. 4 bolts under the engine cover, cant miss it.

Which port is this? any pics? never seen a way to check inside the s/c with just 4 bolts and less then an hour

your kidding me right?

this is my PSE rebuild. the s/c sits like this between the cylanders. see that big red cap? that is what you look in, there is an aluminum cover you can see when you take off the engine cover.

IPB Image

this is what a bad s/c looks like when you open the cap:

IPB Image

this is what a new s/c looks like (gorgeous):

IPB Image

Lat I could find it in my heart to fix it but not my wallet, things are to tight to be so kind, if the guy would like to hire me to fix it I'd be glad to give it a try, he even told me that I could take the car wherever I wanted to see If I could come up with a solution to fix these problems. If he would sell it to me for 2K Id gladly take it.

The S/C did sound wierd and extra loud for some reason, almost like a jet engine sound. I doubt the knocking was from vacuum lines alone though. Sounded like from the S/C or the middle of the block couldnt pinpoint it. He says he has a 3 month warranty on the S/C and he will now have to take it to the same guy, I should send him an email with the Vacuum hose diagram so he could have his mechanic do it right.