My new/rescued Millenia

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And so it begins, I'm picking up the trailer tommorrow afternoon, taking my spare to place on 1 wheel and my jeeps air compressorto try and inflate tires. I do not yet have a key as mazda is sending me one and shoudl arrive sometime later in the week, but I have a hand winch to get it on the trailer.

300 freakin bucks for a full size car tent kind of sucked

*update*

Well, that was a fun adventure. Yesterday I went to u-haul got a nice flatbed trailer and a manual winch. I grabbed my millenia's spare tire, jack up the car, put it in, used my jeeps now hardwired trunk mounted air compressor to inflate the remaining tires. I addition I peeled of as much of the tape as I could holding on the plastic bag, then took a screw driver and knocked out as much glass as I could to prevent it from flying off while going down the road on the trailer.

The key has been ordered but I didn't have it yet, so me and a JF buddy that came with me simply tilted the trailer, and I used my tow rope to pull it onto the trailer, not the best idea, but it worked. Secured it down and away we went.

Now since I'm currently out of garage space I bought one on those lawn tent things for cars and set it up underneath the deck. got the trailer in postion, then had to use the winch to slowely pull it off trailer, and after 20 minutes, it was in its new resting place to be restored.

Now for the time being I jacked it up and put it on top of cinder blocks, just so I don't have to keep jacking it up to get underneath. Spent probably 40 minutes with latz gloves cleaning up just disgusting trash, including used sparkplugs in the front and rear seat, vacuumed up rest and the glass.

Hooked up some jumper cables, didn't try to start it of course, but all lights, wipers, instrument panels etc are working. However I do not yet have a key, and the trunk/gas remote switch has been removed, so I have yet to get into the trunk and can only imagine what I might find there.

I'm hoping to scrub the leather hardcore wit ha special leather buffer I got so that I feel san even sitting in the sar, shampoo the carpets, get some mats, and from there I can atleast sit in it.

I'm waiting on cleaning up the exterior, getting tires, battery, etc etc until I change the engine fluids and get it started, from there it will continue