Retribution

so after 30 days i have finally been offered a figure from my insurance company which i was happy with. a little history:

I totaled my car.

95 mazda millenia L 130,000K excellent condition.

they wanted to give me 3,500 - my 1000 deductable = 2,500 that sucks.

so it took a month but i got them up to 4,600 - 1000 = 3,600 bucks, better...

Now what have we learned? dont take their first offer, set your price. be persistant, those who succeed in life always come out on top, you only have to be a little more persistant than the next guy to win all the time!

Very good sir, will they give you the car back so you can part out?

no, but i got everything of value. i kept going back to scrap the car with excuses like "i need my plates" on my last trip i brought a crowbar and pulled the hood back to get my ballasts. the hood wouldnt pop because it was crushed so badly. i got my door sills and all my amps, sub, and headunit back, and the few LED bulbs that hadnt already been stolen by the shop.

95 130,000 millenia blue book in good cond was 3,500 exellent was 4,000.

I got them to give me excellent condition and 600 for the mods. subract my shitty $1000 deductible and 3,600 was OK. much better than the 2500 they originally wanted to give me.

no, sorry i couldnt get the chrome door handles. I would have, but the shop might have said something if they saw the interior door panels laying on the seats, god knows i wouldnt have put anything back :D Technically i wasnt allowed to scrap the car so i had to be stealth.

my door sills are going to my brother, i am going to suprise him and upgrade his 98! they were buffed aluminum, with a chrome millenia logo strip running down the middle.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...