My new/rescued Millenia

:hmm: I did not know that.

Anyway there are several issues with the car. It has a bent rod that should be replaced, but according to the dealer, isn't that mean't. The major problems are that it was issued a salvage title in the state of maryland from a rear impact, because of this I finally got the carfax on it. Also, they put some shop wheels and tires on to mov it around better, once they lookedover the engine, they decided the hell with pushing it, and tried to drive it, something I had not even attempted. Tried to drive it, no such luck. Transmission does not engage unless you put it into hold and leave it in D/3rd gear, and even then it doesn't seem to catch the first few times....so....debating what to do

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

asians will never drive german cars. why would they? they are more nationalistic than any other race. even if their cars suck, they will stick with a toyota.

this should be sent to mercedes. its obvious!!!

Take a look at who drives most 540i and M5s around a big city... you will be saddened

I actually saw one tranny there for a 2.5 a couple of days ago for like $300.

EDIT: here it is

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-98-MAZDA...sspagenameZWDVW

BHR, if I were you I'd do my best to talk to some engineers or something to see if it's possible to fit a better engine than the Miller Cycle in the millenia and what kind of other adjustments should be done to the car. Doesn't mean you're gonna do it, but a spare millenia in their hands for a couple of days would be good to find out.

jesus christ people, LISTEN THE FUCK UP!!!

I do NOT, I repeat do NOT under any condition want to do an engine swap of any kind. Long before I even obtained it I clearly stated I did not want to do that at all. It has NEVER, and I mean NEVER appealed to me, even the entire concept of engine swapping.

if I were into hotrods I would rather have a rebuilt original motor with 150hp then a brand new 600hp crate engine. I find beauty in the detail of design, not ripping shit apart to build a frankenstein car.

I will NOT be doing an engine swap of any kind, and if I replace the tranny it will be a used 2.5 tranny

Bahahahaha. A used 2.5 L, albeit not matching numbers, would still leave it in original condition. And if there is a bad rod, and that piston has been slapping around in there... you likely will need a new clyinder liner on that one... It will be much cheaper and nicer running to swap the engine with another same model.

Have you ever lifted a piston, let alone a liner? Good luck to you sir, and if you are paying someone to do this.... bahahahahahaha. A fool and his money are soon parted.

Camel, NO. Why would I waste my time and probably money doing that. I'm not going to, ever, I will never, repeat never in my life do an engine swap on any car, nor own one where it was been done. I cannot stand frankenstein cars. I would gladly spent 3 times as much and 10x moretime to restore an original engine, even custom making any new parts needed, then doing an engine swap.

i think we have a stupid admin. HEY MR. BHR! we are not saying put a motor from hyundai in there first of all. its the same damn motor but with japanese specs. but if u dont want it fine. what we are also saying is that let a couple of engineers take dimensions of the engine bay and shit that they do and give us an idea of what possible motor/trannies can fit in there.

sheesh

Apparently your not listening. its still a swap, regardless if a millenia's 2.5 chink motor. WHY would I, you are changing what the car is andadding parts that nevr would have come on it, nor been on any special target edition market (suh as say special exhausts, upgraded brakes, hids etc)

I have ZERO interest in a frankenstein car. I'm not going to spend the money to yank the engine and tranny out, just to use a tape measure for a few seconds.

As I said before I even got the car, I NEVER planned on keeping it. I haveall along I would RESTORE!!!!! its former glory, and then sell it to a worthy owner.

I'm in the business of putting cars on the road the way they wer designed to be driven, or what the spirit of that car is. Not piecing together bits and pieces to have something that no longer has any meaning or spirit, just a bunch of parts thrown together.

That is what I call bordem, building everything to go together with a single design purpose, thats engineering