Did He See This

the spoiler ties all the lines together, frankly, I cannot stand a millenia without it, it looks naked and uncomplete.

And lets face it, you use your xedos to tow, something is should never be used for ever, infact no seden should ever be used for towing, but you give people crap about using stock parts on the car they belong?

Yes, I tow with my Xedos on occasions but what has that to do with crap aftermarket design parts? The Xedos is designed for towing up to 1500 kg's, it has a factory tranny cooler, it copes just fine and I see no relevance whatsoever to a design discussion. Believe me, I wouldn't mind having a Jeep or whatever powerful 4WD to tow, but I can't afford it. I do use my 87 Hi-Ace for towing though, during short trips with wood and stuff.

And I will certainly not, even if I win in the lottery, fit a fucking spoiler on my Xedos. That is RICE.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ROFL

I love spoilers on most cars - for some it is completely necessary although a GT wing (ie: stolen from a 747) is very rarely necessary.

But in the case of the early Millenia's my opinion is that a rear spoiler is not needed.

Not needed: The boot lid already has a lip as you can see on this pic. (click for larger version)

IPB Image

Needed: the factory rear lid has a crappy rubber thing that reminds me of my toothbrush handle.

http://my.reset.jp/~inu/ProductsDataBase/P...ERA/sera-06.jpg (sorry, large pic 168Kb)

Fixed: IPB Image

it ties it all together, and the towing has everything to do with it, it was NEVER designed to tow, some idiot decided to slap on a hitch and put it in the manual, anything that pulls can tow, but its not designed for it and shouldn't be done, towing with the millenia is just disgracful, I could never even bare to watch it be done

I believe Frank asked about the cars ability, leaving drivers limitations out of the picture. 5 persons are allowed to sit in the Millenia.

Just for the record; The Xedos is allowed to tow 1500 kg's, and the Eunos 800 1000 kg's I believe. The limitation put on the Millenia is probably caused by general lack of faith in the average americans driving skills, their habit of sueing everyone for the most redicilous reasons and actually succeed in court, and the fact that they cheaped out more on the Millenia than the two other models. Like removing the tranny cooler which is necessary for towing.

ROFL

I love spoilers on most cars - for some it is completely necessary although a GT wing (ie: stolen from a 747) is very rarely necessary.

But in the case of the early Millenia's my opinion is that a rear spoiler is not needed.

Not needed: The boot lid already has a lip as you can see on this pic. (click for larger version)

IPB Image

Needed: the factory rear lid has a crappy rubber thing that reminds me of my toothbrush handle.

http://my.reset.jp/~inu/ProductsDataBase/P...ERA/sera-06.jpg (sorry, large pic 168Kb)

Fixed: IPB Image

I agree with you Graham, whatever car you have it definitely benefited from the new spoiler.

Looks like some hairdressers sophisticated Grand Touring car? ;)

And yes, the new model (I guess you meant the 01-02 Millenia with siblings?) is quite similar. Main cosmetic changes are the new front which in my opinion makes it less attractive, and new rear lamps. Not as nice as the 99-00, again in my opinion.

What I would want though, are the technical improvements. Reinforced floorpan, including suspension mounts. Some alloy suspension parts. Side airbags, finally. Just retarded they never made it to the older model, from 97 or something like that. Even the 626 from 98 has them here... And of course added weight, and a detuned KL. One sluggish bitch apparently...

Just for the record; The Xedos is allowed to tow 1500 kg's, and the Eunos 800 1000 kg's I believe. The limitation put on the Millenia is probably caused by general lack of faith in the average americans driving skills

Don't forget the 800's 4WS probably doesn't like towing at all.

When I bought my 500 it had a tow bar... needless to say it didn't last long. I can barely think of a WORSE car for towing than a 2.0 V6 small car, to say nothing of aesthetics!

towing with active 4ws should be illegal, or incouraged to kill off the retards.

also, according to new ads', the upcoming g37/g coupe whatever the chinks call it claims to have active 4ws, meaning it will either make a huge comeback and be on every single sports car, or people will hate it and it will again die out

Don't forget the 800's 4WS probably doesn't like towing at all.

Actually, the manual says the exact opposite.

To paraphrase the manual, 4WS means that while changing lanes when towing a caravan, the caravan will follow the car in a straight line instead of snaking across the road.

So there you go to all the towing nay-sayers - Mazda wrote in the manual that it's better for towing, and even caravans of all things! :D

why would I possibly be jealous, I have a Jeep that is designed for towing, and it can tow up to 7000lbs and multiply trailer configtions. I have even towed the millenia (real trailer w/brakes, none of that 2 wheels up crap)

INFACT, now that I think about it, if there is another MWM rather far away, I will look into towing the millenia there, sparing it all the road damage, and a shelter should it rain