Did He See This

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Millenia=xedos9=eunos800

BHR, how many times must I say this? I have no Millenia!

Nope. They're siblings, but not identical.

Therefore I can tow, among other things. I also love the telescopic steering coloumn in favour of the phatass tilt option, the stock tranny cooler, the stock rear swaybar, the stock roofrack mounting points...

I just might concider taking a pic with the roofbox too :shifty:

While towing of course, on a rough gravel road :lol:

My milage is still good with the roofbox; it is quite streamlined. In spite of a steep 500 litres capasity. Or 75 kg max on the Xedos.

Of course it looks hideous. But at least I don't drive a Volkswagen Passat. And I remove it even before emptying the trunk after every use, trust me. LOTS of people here don't take them off even during summer. Like said Passat owners; obviously not men in good taste.

BHR, you're a walking contradiction. On one hand you thing the milly is reliable as all hell and basically bulletproof. Yet at the same time it has to have oil changed every 3k, can only run on premium, and can't tow shit because of it's fragility. You ever stop to think fragile and reliable are basically antonyms?

The Millenia with siblings can take some serious bashing. Throw it around like a WRX, it will cope just fine. MTS surely uses his car without too much mercy when it comes to driving style, it has 200k km's on the clock and seems to run just beautiful. Still on his first set of shocks apparently.

During our trip I guess those shocks took more strain than others do in several years; the badly aligned surface onto just about every bridge during the trip was a disaster for the shocks, at least in the pace we maintained :whistling:

Not to mention Canadian tarmac, I was almost pleased to notice other countries have just as bad road surfaces as we have :sigh:

What breaks down a car, is bad maintenance, not use.

Yes, I've been roffling a lot also.

BHR, sorry, but you don't make sense.

So your Milly can't tow, that's OK, I saw how many problems you reported last trip you had.

Mine has no air con, paint damage, 2 solenoids giving codes but it drives like a dream, can still tow and outraces 5.7L V8 (LS1) Holdens.

:)

Our local "common" cars are 3.6L V6 sedans weighing 1600+kg through to 5.7L V8 versions topping 1800kg and these get used for towing everything, big or small, and afaik there's no tranny cooler in those.

(Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon)

As for my car, I'm not likely to tow anything, but it could certainly manage taking a trailer to the tip.

So far my biggest load has been 4 adults + 1 toddler in a baby seat plus a boot load of luggage from a 3 month OS holiday.

I didn't put my foot down on that trip, but it certainly wasn't sluggish.

So far I the only disappointments I have from my Milly are very minor.

I got to drive a Eunos 30X (Mazda MX3) with a KLZE on the weekend.

I want a manual conversion for mine, then I'll be very very happy with it ;)

No, you apparently just have flawed logic, its a very reliable car based on owner input, LIKE ALL OTHER CARS. you wait until something goes wrong then breaks to holy hell, then claim its a bad car. I do PREVENTIVE maintance. the only problem we have is you seem to over look that word infront of have no clue what it means PREVENTITIVE. Jeeps are bullet proof but stop changing the TC fluid every 30k and see how far you go. bullet proof glass is bullet proof until you unload a clip on the exact same spot.

if you abuse your car (which I consider ren and xedos ownership to be) your going to have problems.

I have owned 7 cars and 1 bike, all but 3 bought new, with final mileage being anything from 20k to 217k, I have not had a single problem with any of them. Now, let me make this very clear, on my oldest Jeep, a waterpump going at 170k is NOT a reliablity issue, you look at it as failing ,I see it plainly as good maintance with coolant fushes and treatment and getting it to last 70k beyond spec, and thats just 1 exmaple.

And lets talk about this "I don't drive the millenia bullshit" with the exception of I drove my millenia more miles a year then anyone here, in all weather, so shut your lat hole. I have put 55584 miles on my millenia, ALL BY ME!!!! sure some people have 100k or whatever, but so many people but them used they personally have only driven the car maybe what 20-30-40? so in reality I personally have driven my millenia more then alot of people here, now its time to rest.

If I went out and bought an F1 race car tonight, a pure throughbreed race car the very first place its going is inside an enclosed trailer, to be unloaded into a sealed garage and sit.

Many cars are designed to get you from point a to point b and serve as meaningless transport. A Millenia is in the top 5% of cars that are mean't to be DRIVEN, drastically different then transport.

:lol: So I abuse my car now? Boy, you're something special.

I've always taken good care of all my cars; I have had a tear in my eye when selling every one of them because they still ran just beautiful. And I have done at least 100000 km, plus milage when purchased in all my cars. Part from the Hi Ace which is the local basher, though also well maintained for a 87 with 290k km's and running like clockwork.

I havent added more than 98000 km's to my Xedos yet, to a total of 144k. I should say a major part of misfortunes were caused by the prevous owner, mainly cosmetic though. Yes, I use the car the way it is intended. I also like to hear the KL sing a lovely tune. You're free to call it abuse of course, but trust me, I am known to take good care off all my vehicles. Ranging from a 63 year old motorcycle (I've only cared for her since 1978 though) and upwards. My lawnmover is from 1980 or something close. Also runs great, with custom airfilter (K&N style) and tweaked regulator for extra punch in 6 inches of grass. Oh, and alloy wheels, no plastic crap like the new ones. No rear spoiler either. Though it might need some downforce after I tweaked the regulator; pace is beyond walking speed :lol:

No BHR, we maintain our cars the way they're meant to be maintained. Synthetic oil changed every 3k aren't good maintenance, they're flat out idiotic. That would be the equivalent of changing dino oil every 1k. You're just waisting your money. I work on cars more than probably everyone on this site put together, except Super, since he's a mechanic. I know what I'm doing, and when something needs to be fixed/replaced. You couldn't change your own plugs, so don't get too offended when I say I wouldn't come to you for mechanical/preventative advice...ever.

And I can guarantee you that my engine has less carbon build-up than yours, and every part of the lubrication system is just as clean.

As for abuse, when have you ever heard me say anything about me abusing my car?

No ren, once again you fail to overlook all varibles. First off, I'm not saying that te oil goes bad, I have said time and time again that the oil does not break down, you could go a good 5k without any real damage from breaking down, but make no mistake, after that your gambling on time. The reason you change it is because the oil gets dirty, and you change it to remove the dirt that builds up in the oil.

Your maintance is "ok" I perfer flawless, and so what 60 bucks? who the fuck cares, I change the millenia's oil about once every 1k, with fully synethetic, because I do it once a year, so I'm paying for 1 oil change a year when most people are paying for what 4-5. I owe nothing on the millenia, insurance is at an all time low (about 108 a month for just the millenia) and the only thing I pay are maintance and local taxes, it costs me more to fill up the all my gas tanks then that. you can neglect, and xedos can abuse, we all know which will stand the test of time.

And despite how right you think you are, your wrong, because even if I never drove the car every again, put foam in the tires, drained everything from the engine and vacuum sealed it, but the entire car is a clean room. 50 years from now, it will still be there, probably 5 years from now yours will be rotting away in a field somewhere