Damn Mechanic

saint,

the spoiler is stock, and its paint along with the rest of hte factory paint is fine.

without a spoiler the millenia's lines simply go to waste

I dont care who designed it, mazda or aftermarket. High end big cars dont have spoilers. They are used in small hatchback cars like Mazda3. Show me a 750 with a spoiler.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Show me some other non hatchback mazda with a fitted spoiler... That part doesn't even come on any Xedos/Millenia/eunos parts guide.....MMMMMMM lemme call mazda and ask for a spoiler to fit on my Xedos...DOHHHHHHHH!

This discussion is likely to last a while.

Of course the spoiler is not listed on the parts guide.

As said numerous times, it was an option for people in lesser taste.

I am, on the other side, proud of my way more useful options; OEM roof rack and OEM detachable towing hitch with a Mazda badge and all. Did I perhaps mention this earlier?

So, what have I learned from my week under the hood of the Millenia..... the COCKSUCKERS at the emissions check know how to fuck your car. I went last night to the junkyard, local.... cuz I know there are 4 Millies hiding there, a 94 L, 2 95 S, and a 97 S(no engine)..... looking for EGR and solenoids that control same. I was having a P1402, P0300 randomly. Plus I had been coding for the rear bank rear O2 sensor, front bank front O2 sensor which both got changed.... rear one was actually melted, front one looked perfect (but swapped anyway). BTW the BOSCH universal are great and easy to do, half the cost of OEM.

Back to my story, I am working at changing the solenoid to the EGR, and something looks suspicious.... vacuum lines from the EGR solenoid to the air filter (on the solenoid cluster back intake manifold) had been swapped with the line to the ABV solenoid. Thereby rendering the EGR almost useless as the solenoid is not functioning due to inability to move against the vacuum from the ABV. Once swapped back, car ran perfect, 120% power again.... remember I have the headers (20%) LOL.

BUT this is on topic.... because MOTHERFUCKING DAMN MECHANIC

So for future reference if you get your milly back from some jackass shop, and you are about 30% less power and chucking CELs like fucking fireworks.... the cockersucker may have switched these two lines, which are SO easy to get at, as they are right on top of the rear manifold solenois cluster.... I will try to do a diagram later.

wow...such a small mind, no wonder you support the illegal

big high end cars don't have spoilers?

really?

so ferrari's? the F50, lamborghini's? the carrera gt which can extend like 2ft above?, mclaran f1, F1 cars? no spoilers huh?

I'm not a fan of aftermarket spoilers, but the oem spoiler isn't just a matter of looking good, its flat out REQUIRED to tie the lines of the car together.

now some sedens with zero pedigree, such as acura's or honda's do infact look retarded with spoilers, other things like an S class look stupid with it because there for cruising and not speed, but take something like an SLR or a CLS and it looks great

It also has to be the right spoiler to fit the charactor, the OEM spoiler which the factory correctly put on my millenia looks amazing and is required, whereas a lip spoiler would just look retarded, but take an A4 or an M3 and lip spoilers work fine

really?

so ferrari's? the F50, lamborghini's? the carrera gt which can extend like 2ft above?, mclaran f1, F1 cars? no spoilers huh?

None of those are big luxury cars, those are performance cars which need a spoiler, the Millenia does NOT need it and it looks bad.

really?

None of those are big luxury cars, those are performance cars which need a spoiler, the Millenia does NOT need it and it looks bad.

Oh let's leave him alone...he forgot to mention that F1 cars have spoilers... He also forgot to mention that rear spoilers in a FWD are...RICE. Just like his. "look My milly has a spoiler...wow, now i can actully benefit from rear wheel drive".

saint - Thats a bad idea, pop over to bimmerforums and I would say 70% do.

Does the millenia NEED it performance wise - no

It NEEDS it, and I mean it shouldn't even be on the road without it needs it to tie the lines together, a millenia without a spoiler is half finished and just looks cheap and under engineered

also cuto, my post clearly did point out that F1 cars do have spoilers, I also pointed out the CLS, E, many 3-series, a good number of 3 series, tl's, infiniti's, maximas, audi's etc have. On some of those its ok, the millenia is the only one that NEEDS it, looking down the length of the car it looks lobbed off and the lines just fall apart without it.

Once again for the record I'm referring to the FACTORY spoiler put on at the FACTORY, nothing aftermarket.