AHHHHH!!! WHY ME

Given the fact that the lysholm supercharger in the Millenia is only used in other exclusive supercars, I can understand why it failed. On the other hand, any other "more popular" supercharger would last a lot more than a millenia supercharger.

But come on, MTS! Would a reliable car suffer cracked radiator hoses, broken alternator pulleys, fucked up timing belts, messed up A/C compressor, faulty oxygen sensors, broken steering driveshafs and other crap I don't even know about in the future? That's how my millenia has gone down in less than 100'000 miles.

I know that owners are the main cause of car problems, but it's a proven fact that a good car will still be reliable even after it's been abused.

Damn it people, it doesn't fail that often, and he has a 2.5.

Not sure about the airbag light, but as the sound in the back, what kind of sound, is it only when the brakes are applied or all the time.

Not sure what problems there would be with the ECU. you could always disc the battery for a few minutes then see what problems come back

And on top of being expensive to fix, they're quite unreliable cars. It's dissapointing really...

Although I only had mine briefly, the only problem I had was the steering wheel motor and that was covered by the extended warranty that I purchased and the airbag light was a faulty sensor which was also covered by warranty.

I had a 2.5 L and she was the most reliable car I had ever owned.

Any car will be worn out like yours if it is abused for quite some time by the previous owner. Yes, the milli is expensive to repair, but not as expensive as some...as in mercedes benz. I have had both and I would rather pay for a milli repair than a mercedes repair.

Given the fact that the lysholm supercharger in the Millenia is only used in other exclusive supercars, I can understand why it failed. On the other hand, any other "more popular" supercharger would last a lot more than a millenia supercharger.

But come on, MTS! Would a reliable car suffer cracked radiator hoses, broken alternator pulleys, fucked up timing belts, messed up A/C compressor, faulty oxygen sensors, broken steering driveshafs and other crap I don't even know about in the future? That's how my millenia has gone down in less than 100'000 miles.

I know that owners are the main cause of car problems, but it's a proven fact that a good car will still be reliable even after it's been abused.

A car is only as reliable as it's owners. Even though you are a good owner, the previous may have been an abusive moron. You cannot blame the car for what may have happened to it. O2 sensors, and the S/C I will give you. They are known weak points due to cheap ass engineering, but the rest of the troubles you have had are likely abuse. The Timing Belt is designed to last 100,000 miles according to California standards and is on a clearance engine, so if it breaks change it and carry on. But here in Canada we are in the habit of changing a timing belt every 60,000 miles according to owner's manual. So breakage is very infrequent.

You need to try and get the maintenance history of your Millenia prior to your ownership.... it will likely come up really poor. Mine had the oil changed only every 15,000kms ( I do it every 5-6000kms religiously), so I know why my S/C failed. Seals can oil be as good as the oil lubricating them. But since I changed the S/C I have NO issues other than wear and tear. It is due for spark plugs and timing belt in 6000 miles and it will get them. I have put 45,000 miles on it since the S/C change.

I know dude, that's why I pointed out that the number one reason for a car to start breaking is the owners.

Still though, a really good engineered car will be designed to take punishment. Engineers aren't only hired to draw things and do math, they're also there to prevent their designs from failing.

i must admit. my car has taken abuse. from overheating, to idiots trying to do a burnout (god that still makes me mad) to getting stuck in the mud (by my dad) and u know what? it still runs (well not right now, it needs a new tensioner.) but umm look at my miles: 292,000 miles. that doesnt cone from nowhere

That is good news ! This guy on TV yesterday had bought his dream car...a brand new BMW convertible costing him £30K and he had nothing but trouble with it...the idling speed was erratic making the car cut out, heated seats packed up, car wouldn't convert to a convertible and other bits and pieces. BMW didn't want to know.

Sometimes you will just get a dodgy car but generally if you look after it, it should return the favour.

Had no major issues so far and done 15,000 miles in 9 months !

A car is only as reliable as it's owners. Even though you are a good owner, the previous may have been an abusive moron. You cannot blame the car for what may have happened to it.

Damn straight, and lets remember, something like 90% of the millenia's you see on online forums are 2-4th hand. I have NEVER, I repeat NEVER had a single problem with my millenia. Infact, even my jeeps, they may have had problems, but when I got them I did a complete overhaul and checked everything

and its NOT just changing the oil, its flushing fuel systems, cleaning anything that would get dirty over time, doing full maintance before its needed to make up for other owners ghetto ratness