Say It Ain't So....

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hmm: MX-6 headers and collectors.... a high flow catalytic.... and Maganflow 14833 (just picked up a pair for $160)

IPB Image

:hmm: listed at $266.39 on the Magnaflow site.... sweet deal

So I will have a spare.... or will sell off... :shifty:

:hmm: MX-6 headers and collectors.... a high flow catalytic.... and Maganflow 14833 (just picked up a pair for $160)

IPB Image

:hmm: listed at $266.39 on the Magnaflow site.... sweet deal

So I will have a spare.... or will sell off... :shifty:

How about you source the same stuff and ship to me, and I'll get you a nice pair of Xedos projector headlights. I'd want the stainless headers, same as Ren has. Is that Magnaflow loud? I want slightly more/ deeper sound but nothing farty.

On a slightly related note, I found a 626 V6 with chip for sale here, including Dyno sheets fore and aft. It was optimized for 98 RON instead of 95 RON, and produced 1 hp more on top. However midrage torque boosted from 203 Nm on the wheels to a freakin' 239 Nm, on lower revs than stock. Daddio wants in his Xedos...

shifty.gif

I'm interested in seeing how these headers go, the 2.5 and 2.3 are different enoguh I see this causing a problem, plus what is increased flow for the 2.5 could be stock or less then stock on the 2.3

but I haven't measured them so we'll see.

xedos - you need a remus

The blocks are the same.... even the heads are interchangeable.... Ren has already discussed this, and we know how much knowledge you have in comparison... ;)

And since I am buying two mufflers... we could be talking a deal here X :shifty:

Fore and after piping will all be new and custom.... muffler will likely have to welded on the new pipe.... It is custom, nothing bolt on except the headers...

Hm. Not afraid of droning? I believe the resonator represents minor power loss anyway, basically just a straight tube with lots of holes. I'll definitely keep it. Possibly go for a swedish Ferrita stainless system. Is the Magnaflow stainless? Surely looks like it.

Sure is stainless.... polished even. I will know more in about 3 hours when they are in hand. Like I said I will try without first, if too noisy then a resonator will go in.

Frank, there are only 2 mufflers to be had.... but he does have others... I can let you know later.