Hope I'm Doing The Right Thing!

are the headlights you're looking at any different that the 95-96 millenia ones?

cause at this link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mazda-Mille...sspagenameZWDVW

totals to 74.94 usd and if googles right about 48 euros

That is not an option: Xedos 9 has glass headlights :( Besides those would probably cost me more. Customs taxes!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey cuto can you find the exact speed that gives best instant fuel consumption? It should be very easy with the trip computer.

The lowest speed on 4th gear in a straight. ZERO fuel consumption is achieved when releasing the throttle at any speed if the car isnt engine braking.

At 50 KM/H in a straight i can get as low as 2 to 3 L/100. Best way is to keep a steady right foot and not accelerate on low climbs if the speed drops a bit... Of course, i find it extremelly difficult to drive slow under 120/130 km/h on highways (only do it when im with other people on board). If i'm alone i tend to hit 190 km/h quite easy. To be honest i still dunno how fast the car can go: it reaches 200 km/h too fast for me to discover on short trips - only got to 200 km/h once on a kickdown, was very surprised to feel the 4th gear engage when i was at that speed! The rev pointer had a long way to go yet on 4th gear :>

I dont think 3rd has any room at around 200km/h. Top speed was 146mph=235km/h right?

Thats interesting, i always thought there is a certain speed that it consumes the least. Lowest speed yet in 4th makes sense though.

Lower revs does not always equal lower consumption; it's more relative to throttle position.

And my technical knowledge on 4WS is extremely limited which is why I invited the input of the Fully Qualified one, though it was a good thing to experience in action.

Xedos:

Check this plz, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Answer from the seller

"hi there

yes i can do £70+25=95 altogather to send portugal.regards"

That makes 119 Euros... what do you think?

:hmm: Hm, this is strange, I have never seen a onepiece headlamp on any Xedos before. I bet it is plastic as the US ones. In fact I suspect these are US headlights. Anyway be aware you can't fit a RHD headlamp on a LHD car due to the cutoff going in opposite direction. Sorry to spoil your fun, but I would go for a proper twopiece LHD GLASS headlight... Please decide before july 28th :)

Xedos:

Check this plz, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...E:X:RTQ:GB:1123

Answer from the seller

"hi there

yes i can do £70+25=95 altogather to send portugal.regards"

That makes 119 Euros... what do you think?

:hmm: Hm, this is strange, I have never seen a onepiece headlamp on any Xedos before. I bet it is plastic as the US ones. In fact I suspect these are US headlights. Anyway be aware you can't fit a RHD headlamp on a LHD car due to the cutoff going in opposite direction. Sorry to spoil your fun, but I would go for a proper twopiece LHD GLASS headlight... Please decide before july 28th :)

I have decided: waiting on yours. That guy has both headlights for sale...but i like swedish ones better :P

cuto, another question to you. When you let off the throttle fuel consumption is zero. At what speed it goes above zero or show --- ?

Above zero as soon as you touch the throttle. ---- Only when idling with the car stopped, be it in D or in P.

cuto, another question to you. When you let off the throttle fuel consumption is zero. At what speed it goes above zero or show --- ?

Above zero as soon as you touch the throttle. ---- Only when idling with the car stopped, be it in D or in P.

I mean you let off the throttle and braking, does it show anything other than zero or --- before you fully stop? If so at what speed? Or it shows zero if you are still in motion?

I mean you let off the throttle and braking, does it show anything other than zero or --- before you fully stop? If so at what speed? Or it shows zero if you are still in motion?

If the car is moving it will show ZERO always when not accelerating or engine braking. --- only shows when the car is stopped (takes some secs).

some other things i wish my car had stock was heated seats, traction control, and xenon headlamps, retractable mirrors, blinkers on the mirrors, and a wood grain steering wheel....but they're not necessities

Heated seats in miami, why?? TCS does not cause any problems, other problems in MCE causes TCS light to pop up. TCS is standard in MCE.

A hot chick gave me a ride with her lexus rx last nite. What a steering wheel! It moves all around to get out of drivers way, first tilts up and gets in. And it is as quiet as the engine unlike milly's noisy tilt.. It has courtesy lights everywhere door handles, scuff plates etc... And the damn thing is faster than milly in 0-60. I am not a fan of luxury suvs but i am impressed.