Hope I'm Doing The Right Thing!

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

steve, it doesn't matter if you need them in miami since cars are imported and sold in many places, and people move, saint went from cold icy winters to cali.

lexus = king chink garbage.

There is no other car on the road that should be firebombed at all times then the rx hybrid.

Some updates:

My brake pads just arrived from England. EBC Ultimax with the cost of 119 Euros (Mazda was asking over 500 Euros for both sets). Gonna put them asap.

Now time for some worries: It is getting hotter and hotter here and i thinj this is related to some rattle coming from the engine. In detail: the engine NEVER rattles on cold starts, no white smoke either. Last afternoon it occured again. I went for a drive and had to stop at home. Parked the car in my garage. An half an hour later i started the engine and the rattle apperead once again (does this randomly) upon staritng it. I looked at the temp gauge and it was still close to middle. The weird thing is , the rattle and some shaking stops as soon as the car runs for 10 secs (the time it takes me to steer to the driveway). Also if i stop and restart the engine it tends to go away. I'm thinking this could be related to the timing belt, maybe it gets some slack under high temps...Hoping it's not something serious. Btw, oil level is just fine as it always has been.

Another issue i'm having (just because i am too picky about any noises in my cars) is a squeaking noise on bumpy roads that comes from the passenger's airbag console. If this were my audi i could never hear it coz the diesel engine would top it off. Dunno if any of you guys have this console noise, but im gonna try and check if the airbag console is tightened, dont wanna mess too much with it though!

Oh...plz don't kill the orange milly. I like orange.

Maybe you can make a videoclip with your cell or something, so we can listen to the rattle?

I've never heard any squeaking frome the dashboard in my car. Are you sure it's nothing in the glove compartment? Anyway I've fitted soft groved rubber, meant for toolracks and such, in all compartment spaces like doors and dash. Prevents rattle and objects from sliding around on the cheapish plastic. This is definitely a point where an Audi is superior.

My experience is the noise in bumpy roads comes from passenger seat belt buckle hits/rubs the leather seat. Other than that something is rattling around steering wheel, either the signal/wiper controllers or the airbag inside the wheel idk.

Need a video clip for engine rattle, and pls not with a cell phone..

:hmm: no interior noises.... unless you count the vibrating rear high mount brake light ( but that is the 1200Ws in the trunk :shifty: ).... and mine now has over 240,000 kms on it... well done Mazda

On a trail rig, last thing I worry about is small squeaks.... listening more for the great bangs and tears ;) cracked all of the rear leafs in my Isuzu Rodeo once... that sucked... but then I custom fit the spare set for my 79 Land Cruiser in.... 1/4 ton to 1/2 ton retro... great but rough.

:huh2:

umm, I haven't had just a single car in well over 4 years. First the bike, then a 95 jeep, then my 98, then the m3, then the current jeep, now the audi

the fuck you don't know, I post pics of the Jeep all the time, audi only has 700 miles on it from sitting in carcapsule...and because I couldn't afford the insurance and had to deregistor it.